Anybody Here Have or Use Plaubel Peco Junior?

Short and Long Peco Juniors 150 F9 and 58mm F5.6 by Nokton48, on Flickr

My Short and Long Plaubel Peco Juniors. On the left, the 150mm F9 Rodenstock Apo-Ronar, a GEM of a lens, a favorite. On the right, another favorite, a 58mm F5.6 Rodenstock Grandagon in Graflex XL Mount, I refitted it to a Peco Junior Board. Both of these are original lenses, pretty much as they were in the catalogs of the day. Ready to take out when it's warm around here. Both lenses have medium filters, and proper hoods as well, ready to shoot! Camera on left takes Graflex Wind Knobs Backs (kinda modern). Camera on right has a swiveling viewfinder which I love, takes 6x6cm and 6.5x9cm Plaubel Makina Backs, as well as Plaubel Glass Plate Holders and Planfilms of all kinds.

Last edited:
Plaubel Suprocomar 100mm F2.9 by Nokton48, on Flickr

This is coming to me from the Ukraine. The Plaubel 100mm Supracomar F3.9 in Compur shutter. Plan to use it on my Plaubel Peco Juniors. Is anybody here familiar with this lens, I have several Anticomars and like them. Is this off of an olde Plaubel Folding camera??

Last edited:
100mm F3.9 Supracomar Plaubel Peco Junior Sawed Off Baggy Bellows by Nokton48, on Flickr

The 100mm F3.9 Plaubel Supracomar arrived from the Ukraine. The lens glass is clean and unmarked, the shutter is good and right on. It's got a patina but I like that :) Shown on my "Sawed-Off" Plaubel Peco Junior, with Peco Bag Bellows and Makina Style Back, with wonderful swiveling rear. I can see the entire screen with clarity and brightness. Love it. The Supracomar is focused at about three meters, so close-up. Leica-like quality from Peco Jr adds to my enjoyment. The view is very sharp, contrasty (not flary like the Anticomars), with a "plastic" like rendition really pleasing. I think the lens was calculated to cover 9x12cm, so I am only using the sweet smaller center of the optic. FANTASTIC rendition, love it. This will get some good use if spring ever gets here. Small enough to be used handheld, and I do have a digital back for this camera. Hmmm

Back