Anyone having difficulties ordering from KEH as of February/late January 2023?

Dogman

Mentor
Local time
9:53 AM
I'm a frequent buyer from KEH--lenses mostly. I wanted a lens hood and some filters but when I click to buy I get a message saying the product does not exist. After a while I tried a different brand filter and got the same message. Then I tried various items on my Wish List that were shown as being in stock. Nothing works.

To make things really interesting, I've tried using Chrome, Safari and Firefox as well as trying to buy with my iPhone. Still getting the same message.

Yes, I know I can call them to order but I'm curious if I am the only one having problems recently?

I had the same problem too. Even told them about it using chat but they kind of brushed it off as a cookie problem. Which it clearly wasn't since it happened on multiple browsers across multiple devices. What I found is that if I was logged into my account I couldn't add anything to my cart. If I log out I can add items. If I then log in and try to checkout it fails with the same message. But I could checkout without logging in.

Well that didn't work for me. At first...second...third and beyond tries.

I was able to add the items to my card but when I went to check out and logged in it said "sorry no quotes are available for this order..."

But...

After going back and forth from cart to review items in the cart and choosing a shipping method, KEH finally took my money. And I got a confirmation email.

Right, I had the same condition. I could add items to cart not logged in and if I logged in for checkout it failed again.

The only way I could check out was the never log in and to checkout as a guest.

Shawn

Odd, I've ordered recently with no problems whatsoever. However, until a few months ago, I was having exactly the problems described. In addition, trying to get a quote for a sale to them was equally problematic, but, as well, those problems no longer seem to occur. As Dogman says, you can contact them by phone, and my experience is that they are immediately available, courteous, knowledgeable, and consummate professionals.

I ordered a Yashica 44 from them about 10 days ago. Other than FedEx delivering the package 3 days after their own estimated delivery date (not KEH's fault), I had no issues at all. (And as usual for KEH, despite being rated Bargain, the camera seems like it is brand new.)

Not related to online ordering issues, but thought I'd share anyway.

I bought a lens from them last month. I was happy with the condition when it arrived, but it wasn't properly displaying the aperture in the Contax viewfinder, was a couple of stops off. Emailed KEH and they promptly issued an RMA and paid Fedex shipping both ways. Turn around was promised 3-5 weeks, it took two. Great service.

Yep, KEH is a good source for older gear if you're not inclined to wander the ebay wilderness. I love window shopping there but it gets costly. That lens hood and filter I was trying to buy turned into lens hood, two filters and a "Bargain" Nikkor manual focus lens. I'm hopelessly addicted I guess.

Back