Back - maybe

My sincere best wishes to you and yours, Roger; especially your dear Frances for a speedy and complete recovery.

Good to see you posting on RFF again… and long may you continue.

My thoughts are with you.

Best wishes to Frances for recovery... that's a tough situation to deal with.

Regarding participation... I understand your ambivalence.

:)

Just under three weeks ago, Frances had a mastectomy after 6 months of chemotherapy. Next: six months of subcutaneous herceptin, once every three weeks.

The recurrence of her breast cancer came as the same time as the complaints about my "driving clicks" to my other forums. I was never quite sure what people objected to in this: both the .eu and the .com forums are free, and ad-free, and there seemed little advantage in writing everything twice. I thought people might be happy enough to go to the .eu forum and then come back here to discuss things -- and of course to ignore the things they didn't find interesting. For some reason, some took exception to this.

So now I'm going to take a quick look at active threads, and maybe join in. Or not.

Cheers,

R.
The site has not been the same without you mate, and by that, I mean, nowhere near as interesting. Great to see your post when I loaded the home page.

Personally, I’ve always appreciated your inclination to so willingly share information and experience, immensely. Your continued participation at RFF might put a few noses out of joint—but don’t give them the satisfaction of buggering off—OK?

Please pass on my warmest regards to Frances and my fervent hopes for the best possible health outcomes for her. You have both been often on my mind these last few months.
Cheers
Brett

Wishing well to the best half of your team!

BTW, I did check back then talks on RFF started. To get the whole picture. Guess what... it was not working. Connection, hosting or else issues.

I am really glad to see you're back but sad to hear about Frances.

Cancer of any kind is very stressful on everyone in the family and I really hope she does well. Her contributions to your website as well as your books is obvious and much appreciated and I hope it continues.

Better to have you here than away, better present than absent, better all or at least some of you than none.

You have a place here. When you are not here the place is still here but empty, like Elijah’s seat at the table.

Welcome back, and good luck at home.

Glad you’re back

Glad you’re back

Nice to see you’re back but sorry to learn of your wife’s illness. My wife is in a similar situation, she’s now receiving herceptin. It’s no fun but much easier on her than the taxol infusions. I hope all goes well in your wife’s treatment.

Glad to see you again, Roger!
NOT glad to hear about Frances' cancer.
Hoping for a thorough rcovery.

Rob

So nice to hear from you again Roger!

Not so nice to hear the news about Francis.
I think its safe to say the RFF community is "pulling for you guys".

Be sure to get outside and enjoy Spring in France. My wife and I have also had some health adventures lately.... I have always appreciated my time outside enjoying the coming of Spring, but somehow it seems a little nicer this year.

Roger is back :)

Roger is back :)

I was very pleased to see that you had posted a comment here on RFF :) Welcome back, you've been missed. Looking forward to your, valued, comments and posts. All hopes and prayers for a full recovery for Frances are sent to you both from this side of the 'tunnel'.

I, too, am happy to find you here, Roger. Linking to your site made sense to me, as well.

Cancer is a terrible scourge. My best to Frances, hoping for a complete recovery.

- Murray

After a long fight with cancer, I recently lost my wife and the mother of our three children. I feel your pain.

I wish Frances a complete recovery.

We don't know all that goes on in the background with our fellow members. My condolences to you, my friend, for your great loss.

- Murray

Genuinely miss your posts in your absence here Roger, always happy to see new ones!
After 10+ years of hanging out on this forum there's a bunch of lovely people here like yourself I would consider friends - I don't think there's many other places on the internet with that kind of communal longevity.

My best wishes to Frances.

Back