Back - maybe

Roger, my best wishes to Frances and hope for complete recovery and remission. May Spring blossom with health and joy!

It's been such a brutal Winter season! I'm saddened and exhausted by all the sickness and death I've seen this year. :(

G

Thanks again to everyone. I am genuinely touched. (Then again, several people have said that about me before.) Meanwhile, Frances says she really appreciates your good wishes too.

Cheers,

R.

Roger, good that you are (hopefully) back.
Best wishes for Frances and you in the struggles ahead.

Ignore the negativity. It's everywhere you go these days.

Meanwhile, Frances has just left for the Martaizé sewing circle (next village over). I feel a bit guilty when people call me her "carer": she takes an awful lot of care of me too
I used to get this kind of thing about my looking after one of my chronically ill parents; people were impressed that a grown-up would look after a relative so much and the subtext was presumably that they hoped their children would do the same for them too. They didn't know that my parent was looking after me as much but I chose not to correct them. I looked on it like the giving of presents; the giving of compliments often satisfies the giver as much as the receiver and it would be churlish to reject them.

I just wandered into this thread. Let me offer my too late good wishes and encouragement to Frances and you.

You referred to the word "carer", which I'd never heard until recently. Now that word brings to mind the novel, Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro.

Here's hoping for continued improvement and many more years of photographic enjoyment for you both!

Thanks for the kind words. Frances has now recovered from the mastectomy, though she still has some numbness and pins and needles left over from the chemo. She goes swimming in the nearby lake pretty much whenever it's warm enough. She has three or four Herceptin treatments left (an injection every three weeks -- she had one this morning) and then it is six-monthly check-ups.

Cheers,

Roger

I hope the worst is behind Frances and the two of your lives get back to something resembling normal This is good to read and I wish you both the best....

Make everyday special! I for one have appreciated your input on the web and I have learnt a lot from your books. Please continue to share your knowledge and guidance.

Roger, please give Frances my best wishes for her recovery!

I also was surprised by those posts, and I want to thank you very much for the links. I enjoy your posts here, and I appreciate the chance to read more about your ideas and pictures on your other sites.

Back