Bessa T and L spare parts compatibility

QUAsit

Established
Local time
9:06 PM
Hello all!

(Sorry if this topic is kinda old)

I`m a happy owner of Bessa-T purchased new, yet my concern is future repairs of the camera, and considering potential lack of spare parts in next 10-20 years - can Bessa-L* body be a donor for Bessa-T: shutter, meter circuits, LEDs (I know they are in different places, but identical), etc?

*Bessa-L bodies are sold in pristine condition at low prices, while even Bessa-T bodies or later generations are whopping expensive.

They most likely share many parts and if L's are actually sold at low prices, why not just go for it? You could find a wide color skopar and even have some fun with it.

Be aware that the covering on many L cameras hasn't aged well, they have turned sticky and gross, but if it just needed for parts that wouldn't matter.

....You could find a wide color skopar and even have some fun with it.

+1

My favorite Point and Shoot of all time is a Bessa L with a CV Snapshot Skopar 25/4. For a film camera it weighs almost nothing. While I had a thin neckstrap on her, a small Gordy Wrist Strap would be what I would use now if I get back into film.

The meter LEDs on the top made it IMHO, the perfect P&S camera.

I also loved it with the original 15mm 4.5 in LTM. Now that I think about it, the L, a 25 and the 15 would work really well with an SLR with a medium telephoto (85 or a 105 Nikkor perhaps) for walking around....
If prices are low enough get two or three.

B2 (;->

+1

My favorite Point and Shoot of all time is a Bessa L with a CV Snapshot Skopar 25/4. For a film camera it weighs almost nothing. While I had a thin neckstrap on her, a small Gordy Wrist Strap would be what I would use now if I get back into film.

The meter LEDs on the top made it IMHO, the perfect P&S camera.

I also loved it with the original 15mm 4.5 in LTM. Now that I think about it, the L, a 25 and the 15 would work really well with an SLR with a medium telephoto (85 or a 105 Nikkor perhaps) for walking around.......

B2 (;->

I had L twice. Second time recently from this old stock sale in USA store.
Meter, which is on all of the time is just awesome and smart.

The only reason I sold it much quicker second time, it just too big for camera without any framing provision. No, another one is wrong placement of strap lugs.
I have IIIc now with CV CS 21/4 LTM, Russar finder. This kit is so good, no SLR, tele lens are needed :) .

But I should have kept R. R was lovelly all round camera, which just needed half-case.

Back