Beware Facebook's New Terms of Service

:)
Good grief - this thread still going!? Noisycheese, Ranchu and others of similar mind: GET OVER IT!

The world's changed. Facebook is merely a symptom...

You need to to get to grips with modernity, with its aspects of Brave New World ("everyone belongs to everyone else") and Big Brother ("The instrument (the telescreen it was called) could be dimmed, but there was no way of shutting it off").

[...]
I'm not saying these redefinitions of private and public and ownership are good or bad: my opinion is irrelevant. Like the incoming tide, this change will sweep away those who stand against it.

See, I don't have to get over it, people's images are their property by law. Now and in the future. All you're doing is catapulting the propaganda to support the facebooks of the world, and signify your allegiance to them. All of your verbiage is NOT a fait accompli, just bluster and hype, old as the world.

And there is a spectre haunting the world.

I deleted the 40-50 pics I had, and there is nothing embarrassing about any sunset image ... etc.

See, I don't have to get over it, people's images are their property by law. Now and in the future. All you're doing is catapulting the propaganda to support the facebooks of the world, and signify your allegiance to them. All of your verbiage is NOT a fait accompli, just bluster and hype, old as the world.

And there is a spectre haunting the world.

Amen to that!

The collectivist "what's mine is mine, but what's yours is up for grabs" shtick of those who worship technology and subscribe to the Facebook philosophy of attempting to legitimize what is nothing other than theft is not the solution - it is the problem.

To those who dismiss Facebook's theft of intellectual property as good, clean fun - I encourage you to put your worldview to the test: Go steal some of Facebook's property - break in to their headquarters and "borrow" 20 or 30 laptops. See how Facebook reacts to "good, clean fun." :rolleyes:

That's really the reason they want the rights to the kid's photos, the youngs apparently must have facebook to have a social life. Facebook's exploiting that belief to steal their likenessi. Ayn Rand would love it.

"There's a time when the operation of the machine
becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you
can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And
you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the
wheels…upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and
you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to
the people who run it, to the people who own it, that
unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from
working at all!" -Mario Savio

I guess Rand never suggested anything like that though, just slink off pouting like Galt.

I find the reaction of many people to a warning about Facebook's onerous user agreement terms interesting, to say the least.

There is a significant number of F/B users who become irritated, resentful, and/or downright pissed off at what they choose to view as an unwarranted attack against F/B. They seethe in silence or launch a verbal assault when the facts are pointed out about F/B's user agreement. They react by shooting the messenger rather than directing their anger at the true abusers of their intellectual property.

This Facebook cherishing, along with the blind devotion to F/B - along with the resulting emotional attachment to F/B - is truly odd IMHO. :confused:

More!

More!

"Everyone’s favorite tax dodger, Google inc., is trying to put out multiple fires concerning their seeming total disregard for user privacy. In an effort to snatch even more revenue in search – a category they may already be violating anti-trust laws in – Google introduced “shared endorsements.” Shared endorsements monitors what users do on Google +, the service Google will constantly harass you to use if you have a gmail or youtube account. Google plans to use the information collected, along with a users’ picture, to endorse products, automatically."

http://news.firedoglake.com/2013/10/15/googles-privacy-violations-under-fire/

"It warned that if people did not want to be part of the programme some of their comments and follows may no longer be visible to others they know on Google+."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24519300

Isn't that what I said earlier, that so many waved their hands in the air wondering what ever could be meant by those appalling mouth noises?

Attachments

• feinstein2.jpg
    feinstein2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1
I recall all this from 11 years ago. Now revived. Eh heh heh.

If you believe Facebook (or Facef**k as my partner's nieces and nephews all call it), just you go and read Flickr's T&Cs.

Which is why I've never posted any images on those so-called 'free' social sites. Nothing is really free in today's grab-it world. There is a price tag on everything.

Cynical, maybe. Time for more unrefined palm sugar in my super strength Indonesian arabica morning coffee...

Zuckerberg is a Greedy
Fu**er.
that’s the way he got Facebook

You can have it & Insta…

i refuse to play by HIS Game & by his rules

not that hungry or desperate for
‘Social Media’ …

Last edited:
Maybe because you value your images more than you value being popular and trendy? ;)
Hmmm, I see many photographers who have been published by the top photo book publishers and top galleries for photography posting on FB and Instagram. I mean, I guess they do not value their photography...

Back