Black Paint Canon LTM Rangefinders!

How to tell a repaint from the rel thing: My observation has been that IF the camera has a self timer and IF the self timer lever has a white dot at the end of it, them it is PROBABLY a factory job. True, the dot could be added, but I think the dot is in a dimple not found on a chrome lever. I'm no expert on this and could be wrong. Others observations?

Not mine, but I love this one.

This KWANON D camera S/N 2 (probably made in 1935) was sold 29th July 2006 in an auction at Boston for 138.000 USD. This Leica Screw Mount Rangefinder camera was - if legit - predecessor of the Hansa Canon and the Nikon I, probably the first Japanese 35mm camera. Before the auction, this camera was considered as never made (or just as a wooden dummy) or lost during the war. Maybe this is the only existing camera of Mr. Goro Yoshida, father of all Canons.

See this: http://www.klassik-cameras.de/Canon_Main.html

Erik.

Kwanon01.jpg

Not mine, but I love this one.

This KWANON D camera S/N 2 (probably made in 1935) was sold 29th July 2006 in an auction at Boston for 138.000 USD. This Leica Screw Mount Rangefinder camera was - if legit - predeccessor of the Hansa Canon and the Nikon I, probably the first Japanese 35mm camera. Before the auction, this camera was considered as never made (or just as a wodden dummy) or lost during the war. Maybe this is the only existing camera of Mr. Goro Yoshida, father of all Canons.

See this: http://www.klassik-cameras.de/Canon_Main.html

Erik.

Kwanon01.jpg

Wow...the body already has those Canon corners!

Black L2

Black L2

Not original black paint--- but pretty well done and I'm a big fan of the "L" series cameras. I've had the L1 and the L3 but this is my first L2. Camera came to me form Japan and had an overhaul when it was painted. Everything is smooth and works well. Here you see it with the 35mm f2.8 but I plan to use a Kyoei Acall 35mm black paint lens as the primary:rolleyes:

U26723I1469740236.SEQ.1.jpg

Very nice L2. Would like to do a paint shop with my L1, too. It has a ugly number engraved on the ground plate and some rost near the trigger.
I'm also looking/WTB for a all black 50/1.8 lens, to fit my black 35/1.8...

Definite Repaint

Definite Repaint

I'm 99% sure this is a repaint, but so long as it shoots well I shall be happy!

Attachments

• IMG_20190826_212203.jpg
    IMG_20190826_212203.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1
I recently acquired this Canon P repaint. There seem to be a lot of repaints available right now.

Attachments

• photo120082.jpg
    photo120082.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 0
Back