Bronica S2 and Nikkor-P 75mm article.

Thanks for that, nice article and great shots. I'd really like to shoot one in the future, been having an eye on them for quite a while now.

I've always wondered, how does the Bronica Nikkor stack up against the Makina Nikkor...?

Thanks for that, nice article and great shots. I'd really like to shoot one in the future, been having an eye on them for quite a while now.

I've always wondered, how does the Bronica Nikkor stack up against the Makina Nikkor...?

Thank you.
I've also wondered how the Makina 80/2.8 compares to the Nikkor-P 75/2.8, but have never had the opportunity to use the Makina .
The Bronica lens is a 5 element in 4 group design, while the Makina lens is a 6 element in 4 group design. Other than that, I don't know how they compare.

I have a pair of Bronica C bodies, which is the S2 with a non-removable back (uses a film insert instead, like the Pentax 645 in a sense). Same lenses. I've got a lot of the Nikkor and some 3rd party lenses made for these cameras, and a lot of accessories like the steeple viewer and the SLR pentaprism viewer (very dim and hard to use).

Very nice cameras, built like a tank, and the shutter sounds like a garage door slamming shut when the springs break.

Amtrak - Wilson, North Carolina by Wigwam Jones, on Flickr

I used to own one. Bought it here years ago from a member (can't remember who). The lens is fantastic, but the camera is BIG and HEAVY and the shutter sounds like a gunshot. It was me or it, and it had to leave. I hope it found a good home with a deaf, weight lifter photographer.

Thank you Colton for championing this lovely camera. Your words and images are particularly fine - I’ve been following you on Flickr for some time.

I have an S2a and 4 lenses and think there is something very special about the images I see from the system, particularly the standard Nikkor. My S2a body unfortunatley has a shutter issue but I hope one day to get it fixed or if that is not possible, find a functioning body.

Thank you Colton for championing this lovely camera. Your words and images are particularly fine - I’ve been following you on Flickr for some time.

I have an S2a and 4 lenses and think there is something very special about the images I see from the system, particularly the standard Nikkor. My S2a body unfortunatley has a shutter issue but I hope one day to get it fixed or if that is not possible, find a functioning body.

Hi John, and thank you very much.
It's a very cool camera system with some really great lenses. I always wanted a Nikkor-O 50/2.8, but couldn't afford one when I was using the camera. I did get a Super-Komura 45/4.5 which is a really cool lens but it's huge!
Yes, one downside to these cameras is finding someone to service them if something goes wrong. Many repairmen won't work on them, I think due to their complexity.

Back