Camera and Coffee

A collection of stuff which has been on my mind lately, or at least cluttering my space.

Bag of genmai cha (green tea with roasted green rice), bottom right corner, was a gift. (Pretty good)

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Nintendo DS was something I bought a number of years ago, but I only broke the shrinkwrap and started playing it recently - great game!

Sony Sports Walkman was once a gift from me to my mom, which she gave back the other week. I might list it on That Auction Site.

_1271156.jpg

I haven't been on this forum in a decade, but I just picked up a new camera and somehow this thread has always been in the back of my mind. I'm happy to see that somehow it is still going. It's not a rangefinder, but I'm still pretty happy with it. I actually wanted the X-E4 but they seem to be impossible to obtain right now.

DSCF5840.jpeg

I must have taken this late at night, because it looks like I laid off the tea for the evening! Working Minolta Hi-Matic F was pieced together from a couple of wrecked cameras.

Photographed on Ferrania P30 film with Nikkormat FTn + 55/2.8 AIS Micro-Nikkor.

Film was processed in Cinestill P30 monobath, 6 minutes @ 24 degrees, normal agitation. Not bad here, but kind of contrasty in my outdoor photos, so next time maybe I'll consider adjusting the development parameters.
Minolta Himatic F.jpg

Tully's Coffee shop, Bashamichi Train Station​
DSC08815.jpg

-
DSCF1264.jpg

Yokohama, Japan - February, 2023
Image resized smaller than original​

Last edited:
A collection of stuff which has been on my mind lately, or at least cluttering my space.

Bag of genmai cha (green tea with roasted green rice), bottom right corner, was a gift. (Pretty good)

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Nintendo DS was something I bought a number of years ago, but I only broke the shrinkwrap and started playing it recently - great game!

Sony Sports Walkman was once a gift from me to my mom, which she gave back the other week. I might list it on That Auction Site.

View attachment 4815705
Nice cameras, I like the bus!

Definitely not a political statement: I purchased this Zenit-E long before 2022. This early version (second year of production!) of the camera has 39 mm lens mount, silver shutter speed dial, and all markings are engraved, not simply heat transfers. I imagine it would have been seriously lust-worthy in 1966 USSR.
_2181230.jpg

Many years ago I emailed Stephen Gandy, asking him about the FED Stereo. He replied, it was like the FED, but twice as bad. Nevertheless I got one. The exposure from the left lens is not quite the same as from the right.
Same with the Top Moka: The distribution of espresso is always uneven.
Both machines are a bit annoying.

Attachments

• DSCF8688.jpg
    DSCF8688.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 21
Back