Canon 7 and 1/1000 issue

paperino

Local time
6:44 PM
I did a test with my Canon 7, I noticed that with the time of 1/1000 it seems that the curtains do not open completely. Has anyone had this problem and how did they solve it? thank you

I did a test with my Canon 7, I noticed that with the time of 1/1000 it seems that the curtains do not open completely. Has anyone had this problem and how did they solve it? thank you

Camera is probably due for a CLA

A quick pawnshop hack is to tension the first curtain more and sometimes slightly lessen the tension on the 2nd curtain (careful here because the slow speeds might not work)

This might throw any shutter speed from 1/60 th to the 1/1000 out of spec but you can get film exposure on that 1/1000 th of a sec.

Like I said, a true and proper fix is a CLA by a knowledgeable camera tech so everything is running to factory specs.

I solved, was the scanning process problem. I tested the camera today, 12 shots
4 at 1/250, 4 at 1/500; 4 1/1000. All are perfect.

As far as I can tell the same shutter in the Canon 7 is in the Canon 7sz. There may be an upgrade to the finish of the internal parts but that is all I can tell and I recently took a shutter unit from a Canon 7 with the metal curtains and put it in a Canon 7sz. Congratulations on resolving the problem.

Back