Canon LTM Canon Lens Price & Info Guide - updated again

Canon M39 M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
Canon RF lens prices are on the downside now, with the fast wide 35mm`s
f1.5 and the f1.8 holding their own at $350+

"Culty" lenses like the 0.95 are steady at $600+ and selling
(but still under $1,000) and f1.5 50mm`s "Japanese Sonnar`s" are maintaining their rareness and price at $350+

Surprises are with the fast 50mm`s - the f1.2 50mm (which everybody`s crazy about - I personally can`t see why - but that`s a matter of taste) seems to be losing ground along with the (much better) f1.4 50mm
I`m seeing examples of both these lenses selling well under $300

The portrait lenses f2.0 100mm as well as the f1.5 85mm and are also steady increasing at $450+ (when they even turn up - seems these last two are getting quite rare and everytime they come up for sale they are guaranteed to sell

I`m sure there`s one`s I`ve missed, but these are the one`s I notice most in the marketplace

Happy Shooting!

Tom

Last edited:
Surprises are with the fast 50mm`s - the f1.2 50mm (which everybody`s crazy about - I personally can`t see why - but that`s a matter of taste) seems to be losing ground...

I paid nearly $400 for my mint 50/1.2 and consider it a bargain. The other nice ones I looked at were all over $350.

I can't speak for others but what I'm "crazy" about is the combination of high resolution and lower contrast which works wonderfully in contrasty light situations. See the first pic I attached in this thread:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51179

The window light is five stops hotter than the shaded side of her face. I wouldn't have bothered trying to get this shot with a Summicron or Hexanon 50.

prices keep level

prices keep level

I've sold my one of both mint 35/1.5 for 390 EUR last month, resulting in a 10 EUR loss to what I've paid at Westlicht incl. premium and shipment charge. Kept the chrome front cap in my collection.
Also, sold a less-than-mint 100/3.5 for 100 EUR, that's the same price as 3 years ago. Kept one of the rare hoods.
It's better to buy, but you can also sell at the moment. Good time for EUR country buyers for shopping in USA and UK.

Hi guys - just wondering what sort of demand there is these days for an okay condition Canon 7 with a very good condition 0,95 attached?

I have no insight on Canon RF gear I'm afraid, but I like the look of that combo and need to get an idea of how far to bid. :rolleyes:

Thx for any help!

Not particularly. I have seen 19mm to 135mm in practically all f stops on the bay in the last 90 days. Even the 50mm f/2.2

Cheers,

Not particularly. I have seen 19mm to 135mm in practically all f stops on the bay in the last 90 days. Even the 50mm f/2.2

Cheers,

I just saw a 50 f2.2 myself. The one running now is the first one I've seen for sale recently. I notice it isn't in the list. What's one of the 50 f2.2's worth?

Last edited:
There are fewer than 500 lenses made of the Type 4 Canon 85mm/1.5, so the price for such a lens will be higher than other versions of this lens. Dan's price guide [while being a great list] does not distinguish the finer differences that could affect the prices for collectors.

Cheers,

ive been keeping an eye out for the 50 0.95 with hood, no unmolested ones that i can see. also the 25mm

I think there is plenty of 50mm, but usually f/1.8, f/1.5 or f/1.2. And the 35mm/85mm and 135 are pretty common too.

The last minty 0.95 I saw, with original front cap, but without hood, ended 29 Jul 08.

Ebay: 280249103092 went for US$1055

This 25mm has original filter, but has a slight haze, ended 22 Jul 08. What a shame. I was looking around for this too.

Ebay: 270255877747 went for US$211.38

And for those with deeper pockets and less time...

Cheers,

What's the heck abot the 50/1.2? Is it all digitally hype?
All that users who haven't any money left after buying an M8 - at least, not enough for an Noctilux - will sell their lenses soon if they find out that they miss something...
Should I argue that I have none for my P/V/VI?
Some years ago I was happy to find a good 50/1.4 (clearly the better lens)
And for the "crazy days" I have the 50/0.95 on my 7. As a CANON collector one simply needs to have one. The 50/1.2 is quite just the design of the 50/0.95, a bit "less crazy". I thought I could leave it out -- except of course, an "all black" version for a reasonable price.
What's the heck now? C'mon guys, don't buy now! There were 10,000s of that lens produced, far too much for such a rocket price. Probably 3x the number of the 50/1.4 or 50/0.95. The prices will come down sooner as some might think!

Last edited:
The 50/1.2 is popular for a few reasons:

Makes for a super fast, portrait lens on digital.....

No other 1.2 is this cheap that can be used on Epson/Leica M digital

The Noctilux is out of reach

The hype over the 1.2's bokeh...

Dan

I am glad that I held on to my Canon 50/1.2. I find the Canon 50/1.4 to be the overall better lens though. The prices will go down after a while.

Just heard that Igor bought a collection and is putting up some 50mm's tomorrow, a 1.4 and 1.8 if I remember. He thinks quite highly of Canon RF glass, think he has some bodies as well, but he will be traveling until next week, will be at the Cleveland Show Oct. 19 I think in Richfield, at I77 and the Turnpike, on Rt. 21. FYI.

He is pretty conservative about his ratings, and basically he has two, perfect, and user. I think he told me he has several types of Canon bodies he will list on his website or troll around on ebay when he gets time.

Regards, John

Back