Canon LTM Canon LTM 50mm 1.5 "Sonnar" Photos Please!

Canon M39 M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
Lovely. Gorgeous portrait of a beautiful woman and handsome kids (and I apologize if I presume incorrectly that these are your wife and family you so often share with us as your subjects). Great 3-dimensionality, so frequently touted as Sonnar character. As a print/jpg, it has wonderful tonal scale and luminance...

I frequently admire your mastery of film and process... you've got Ultrafine eXtreme down solid solid. Can you elaborate on any of the technical aspects of your development/ scan/ post process? (Its past time I invested in a scanner and learned ... more)

dave

Thank you very much, Dave, that's much too kind! Yes, that's my wife and kids - I'm a very, very lucky guy. :) A friend of ours was taking our family portraits, and I snuck in a few shots of my own. I've only taken a few rolls with the Canon 50/1.5 LTM, but it does seem to produce beautiful images. In the short time that I've had it, it has earned a place among my favorite lenses.

As for processing, I wouldn't say that I've mastered film by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just an enthusiastic hobbyist, with a simple process and hybrid workflow that yields results that I'm generally pretty happy with. My development is pretty bog standard, using standard agitation in a Paterson tank. For the past few years my developer has been LegacyPro L110, a HC-110 clone, mostly at the 1:31 dilution. This post on Flickr has some more details about my post-processing workflow, which is also not that spectacular behind the curtain. Happy to provide more details, but I hope that helps!

p.s. I really like the look of Ultrafine eXtreme 400, and I hope it isn't permanently discontinued. It has been out of stock at Photo Warehouse for quite some time now. :(

Leica M8, Canon 50mm f1.5 LTM
Mission Light #2

U33886I1591854574.SEQ.0.jpg

Back