Can't seem to get back to photography

biomed

Mentor
Local time
11:12 AM
This has been a tough time for me and my family. Last month we were hit by the covid virus. My wife Kate was admitted to the hospital on December 8th. She was in intensive care on a ventilator until January 10th when she passed away from the infection. I miss her terribly. Kate was the love of my life, my best friend and soulmate. We would have been celebrating our 46th wedding anniversary in two months. I am torn between grief and anger over the handling of the covid pandemic. I am asking you embrace spouse/significant other and tell them how much you love and appreciate. Treasure that moment and keep it in your heart. We don't know how many moments like that we will have. Please remember all who have died and all their families. Please remember my Kate. Perhaps one day I will again find the joy I once had in photography, but not just yet. Stay well and healthy.

37419537964_e4761493a7_z.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss and pain. My deepest condolences.

Wishing you Peace...

I generally don't post much, but I just couldn't pass on your post without replying.

I very sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences.

Thanks for the sobering reminder about how fleeting life can be. I'll give my loved ones an extra hug also out of respect to you.

So sorry to hear this...and thank you for the reminder. I would imagine times like this put photography truly into perspective. Forget it until it brings you joy again...

Sorry to read this about your wife.

You got close to photograph some Southwest airplanes. Nice job!

Hope you can return to making photographs again someday.

I am very sorry to hear about Kate's death ... and I am struck by the reminder of the fragility of our lives. I hope you have friends and family nearby that you can lean on for a while. I will heed your words and remind my family how important they are to me.

We don't know each other, yet this hurts to read. My thoughts are with you.

Let us all do everything it takes to contain this nasty virus. We owe it to all who didn't make it, we owe it to one another and we owe it to ourselves.

All my heart and thoughts to you. It is rough, it is terrible ... I stand with you to help you through the pain and back to life.

It is a terrible time, of immense and personal suffering: we must all care for one another, help one another. We must, or we risk the ability to survive.

G

50846168267_c891f0e61d_c.jpg

I too haven't had the pleasure to meet you, but I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. What happened to you is the worst of all nightmares to all of us... Take your time, work on yourself, recover and heal for your family and Kate's sake. I wish I could do something better but then, again, I must finish by saying this: anything you need, ask.

Take care!

My condolences, Biomed. It is very sad to hear this. For the first six months, I did not really know of anyone close to me that had Covid, but now it is becoming more commonplace. I hope we beat this soon. Don't worry about the photography, it will return naturally when you are ready, and you may see and present things differently going forward.

I am very sorry to hear this and your reminder is most important.

We are not promised tomorrow. Love those around you.

Know that you have many friends here.

Joe

Back