Can't seem to get back to photography

Your story is heartbreaking... I’m so sorry and send you my deepest condolences... the horrible thing about Covid is that it’s impossible to predict who among the infected get a mild case and who get seriously ill and die... maybe... in time... you’ll be able to lose yourself in photography to get some relief from your sorrow ... your friends here at RFF support you...

biomed, I am deeply sorry for your loss. Kate sounds lovely, and it would be such a shock to be without your life partner after all this time. Don't worry about photography, you can give yourself permission to let it go for a while as you move through the anger and grief. Don't force yourself to do something that gave you pleasure, that would only give it unpleasant associations.

I can't tell you when that sense of grief and anger will subside, nor can I tell you when you'll quietly notice yourself feeling better, but I can say that in days and months to come, you'll gather all that was good in your life with Kate, and let that become a kind of tapestry or collage that brings this goodness into your future. You might discover yourself finding simple happinesses again in unforseen places. Take good care of yourself, man. We're all here for you.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, I know what you are going trough , my deepest condolences, and hang in there ,

jorgef2002

med_U1344I1564427920.SEQ.4.jpg

Dear Mike, I am grieved to read this even as I listen to the love of my life play Bach across the room.

From my life, I understand the loss of a wife of many years, and I understand what it is to have a soulmate whose life you cherish above your own. I wish I could meet you in Washington where we could watch the jet trails, like obscure notes from our ghosts, over Puget Sound.

You may remember the day we were planning to meet at the aircraft museum in your neighborhood. You had a medical problem that day, so I photographed aircraft in the hangars on my own. You may not remember, or I may not have told you, that I had driven my wife recently diagnosed with the cancer that would kill her to Seattle to a conference of oncologists. She imagined they could give her information about the latest treatments in the academic language she understood.

We know what is coming for us. It is coming from within or without. It is easier to make peace with our own fate, however, than with what may befall our loved ones first. And yet we are all leaves of grass. This is why I am quoting your beautiful photograph above, because you knew then and you know far more grievously now.

But I also quote it because I have missed seeing your vision in the RFF gallery, and so I invite you to return, if only to explore the grieving with your camera as well as with your words here.

If not yet, keep us in mind; if not ever again, thank you for what your images and friendship have taught me.

med_U45148I1598965672.SEQ.4.jpg

Sorry for the loss! Lots of Prayer and embrace the journey. In time everything will work out! Even for photography. Thank you for the post, it is a good reminder to cherish your loved ones!

Just saw your post and so sorry for your loss. There are no rules for grieving for such a loss. And of course you are right, everyday tell the ones you love how much they mean to you. After my wife passed I didn’t pick up my camera for a year.

Very sorry to hear of this. My condolences. Washington state began better than most if not all of the 50 states but there were many barriers to the successful management of the pandemic in the United States and your story makes that so tangible, again.

I am so ever Sorry to hear this has happened.

Being a year and a few months into Eric's passing, for me it gets no easier...
Time does Not heal for me but I am at least quieter and in more self control.

My heart and Thoughts are with You .

The comfort is in the shared Memories and knowing, feeling, they are always at your side

Love to You ~HH

Back