Challenges ...

I'm glad you found William Albert Allard, Helen. If you don't already know him, Harry Gruyaert may also interest you - see his monograph published by Thames & Hudson. Also a recent recommendation from a friend: George Georgiou - see his color project Fault Lines Turkey/East/West.

Since COVID I've become fascinated with Instax color; but the biggest challenge is to do anything at all apart from going out for a daily coffee, as I'm mostly house-bound and reactive to family needs... finding energy and motivation to do anything is difficult. A photo book (or two) is on my wish list.

Since COVID I've become fascinated with Instax color; but the biggest challenge is to do anything at all apart from going out for a daily coffee, as I'm mostly house-bound and reactive to family needs... finding energy and motivation to do anything is difficult. A photo book (or two) is on my wish list.

Lynn, you have much material, many photos you took with Instax and not only them. I encourage you to work on the photo book projects. Daily life, the mix of routine and the few special moments like a coffee break, the landscape outdoor associated and the indoor views, the beautiful portraits ofyour family and the friends you occasionally meet...I'm sure it will be a rewarding project.

I know your daily life doesn't leave you much free time to work on it but a few daily steps can bring you in the right direction.

You already have the scans, I suggest you to make small prints and start to plat with them, which one can be associated with others, wich can give a good visual sequence...

This is only my encouragement !

Lynn, you have much material, many photos you took with Instax and not only them. I encourage you to work on the photo book projects. Daily life, the mix of routine and the few special moments like a coffee break, the landscape outdoor associated and the indoor views, the beautiful portraits ofyour family and the friends you occasionally meet...I'm sure it will be a rewarding project.

I know your daily life doesn't leave you much free time to work on it but a few daily steps can bring you in the right direction.

You already have the scans, I suggest you to make small prints and start to plat with them, which one can be associated with others, wich can give a good visual sequence...

This is only my encouragement !

Thanks Robert! I appreciate your support. Your photobooks and zines are inspiration.

.... Grow, expand, change... am trying, all rather existential
To Divine Love and Light

If you are able to find the spiritual through photography,
please share the secret. I've been trying for years.

Perhaps the closest connection for me is represented by this Lao Tzu quote:

Watch the turmoil of beings,
but contemplate their return.

John

JohnWolf, Maybe the trying is the spiritual. Maybe there's nothing to find, and the path itself is the spiritual discipline. OK, now I'll take off my Yoda hat...

If you are able to find the spiritual through photography,
please share the secret. I've been trying for years.

Perhaps the closest connection for me is represented by this Lao Tzu quote:

Watch the turmoil of beings,
but contemplate their return.

John

I think we need to bring the spiritual with us, into photography.

Not that I know how to do that.

I like them too, they make me smile and offer something positive too, not quite sure what but it really doesn't matter!
Thank you for your kind words: This was an instance of me not initially recognizing a photo opportunity (too much time to kill in a shopping mall), but with the aid of the camera, what might have been a forgettable hour ended up being something else entirely.

Back