Cinestill 800T on Zenit 11

cs0rpc

Local time
5:19 AM
Hi there,

I've got some Cinestill 800T that I've used before and am looking to use in a Zenit 11 this time.

Problem is that the Zenit only goes up to an equivalent ASA rating of ~500 (DIN: 28). How can I compensate for this? I assume narrowing the aperture would be the best option... but by how much? 1 stop, or more?

Thanks,

R.

I highly doubt the selenium lightmeter of your Zenit is that accurate. Just set it to 500 and compensate by one stop.

cinestill’s real rating is supposedly 500
anyway. but who trusts the light meter in their Zenits anyway? I dont w my Ttl or 12sd.

cinestill’s real rating is supposedly 500
anyway. but who trusts the light meter in their Zenits anyway? I dont w my Ttl or 12sd.

So how do you get round this? Obviously, you can use a separate light meter and set aperture and shutter-speed manually... but surely the result is going to be distorted by an ISO setting that may be inaccurate?

R.

What ISO setting? On your Zenit in combination with an external meter???

I don't understand your question.

If I were you I'd just set the Zenit to 500 and expose accordingly to the camera with one stop comensation. The external meter would be accurate but probably not the cloth shutter of a Zenit. Don't get me wrong, but it is IMO not possible to get accurate and constant results with that setup. I'd just shoot...

If you film ISO is 800 and your in camera meter is set at 400 all you have to do is to look at what meter is saying and set shutter speed one step faster or aperture one step smaller.

I'm not Zenit expert, but I don't know why in some cameras made in 1981-90 lightmeter will still works. In Keiv-19 made in same period it was working and correct.

Sorry to add to this late but the asa/iso setting on a Zenit 11 based on what I could tell googling it only corresponds to its internal TTL light meter and does not have any effect on the camera functionality.

Simply download a lightmeter app on your smartphone and use that insted or as others have said go a stop down on apeture although with a Zenit you might find higher ISO's diffucult to use in normal daylight as they only go up to 1/500 on shutter and even F16 may be too big an apeture for that speed.

Back