Compatibility of Nikon S / Contax RF lenses on Leica M with Amedeo Adapter

Well, it didn't mount at all on an M7 or Bessa but it mounts on an M3 but the focus is super stiff and no RF coupling.

That's because the rear end is rubbing against the RF mechanism. Stop before you damage it.

The 21mm Biogon does not fit on any Leica with a standard adapter. I believe Amedeo made an "offset" adapter that moves the lens down slightly, but gives up RF coupling.

The 21mm (and 35mm) Biogons work best on the Nikon RF cameras, including the Bessa R2S.

Fair enough. Thanks - looks like it will have to go the Nikon RF route. Someone should notify the head bartender to update the compatibility list to reflect that it definitely does not work. :).

Some notes on using an Amadeo S-to-M adapter on Nikon Z mirrorless: (this is the adapter version with full internal+external bayonets with focus helicoid)

I have a Fotasy M-to-Z adapter on my Z5. I may upgrade to a Novoflex, but the Fotasy seems to fit well. The Amadeo slots very nicely into this. No wiggle.

I use the Zeiss 50/1.5 Sonnar, Voigtlander 25/4 and 35/2.5 Skopars. All mount and operate well on the Amadeo (no issues with the Voigtlanders, since there is no RF coupling interference). The only issue I have is removing the 50. The fit in the adapter is snug, and since the adapter does not have an infinity focus lock, it usually becomes necessary to rotate back to minimum focus and use the stop as an aid to unmount the lens. Then I have to rotate the adapter helicoid back to infinity to mount another lens.

I’m thinking of just leaving the Amadeo dedicated to the 50 and getting a couple of S-to-M external bayonet adapters (no internal bayonet, no helicoid, no RF coupling) and dedicating those to the other lenses. Then lens swapping is just M-mount.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Nikon made a few (3000 units) of their 3.5cm f1.8 lens with a LTM mount. They are rare but can attach to M cameras with an adapter.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Nikon made a few (3000 units) of their 3.5cm f1.8 lens with a LTM mount. They are rare but can attach to M cameras with an adapter.

We have a thread for recording their serial numbers (linked below). The actual number of lenses made may be as low as 1,200 - 1,500 lenses.

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/node/165573

Back