Cosina Voigtlander F-S adapter clones

A mythical object!
Use your F lenses on a RF Nikon!
Really?

65 years gone and it never happened!
it doesn't exist!
It's not happenin!
Amedeo better come up with something really good! Copying the Cosina version isn't going to work!

A while ago, I commissioned him to make a deep rear cap with the NK logo, I needed one to protect my 1.1 rear element, at the time he was making them with Zeiss logos! He asked for a picture and he made one....
Nice guy, who would do that?

Kiu

Well, Kiu,
That "whooshing" noise you just heard was made by the monkeys flying out of your ass, 'cause that little brass gizmo linked between my SP and Vivitar 19 3.8 is the non-existent Amedeo F-S adapter.

Follow-up:
Got a roll of colour print I shot the other day with the SP/Amedeo adapter/Vivitar 19mm developed last night at one of the only in-house, one-hour c-41 film processors left in Toronto.
The prints are sharp, and properly exposed, so the adapter, as well as being extremely well made, performs all its functions as intended.
I'll post some of the shots after I get the negs scanned.

I'm also got the Amedeo's adapter.

I have test for two of rolls by Nikon 21mm and found it's need always focus to infinity, or it will have vignetting at the corner.
I think It maybe cause by the rear of the lens because it's not a typical circular shape as other lens. If you don't focus to infinity the lens rear part will not horizontally aligned with the camera.

I'm also try to use Nikon ais 35mm f1.4 but it's fail because the big rear part will hit the camera.

Share some pictures taken by Nikon 21mm and Amedeo's adapter.

F1010002.JPG

F1010003.JPG

F1010005.JPG

F1010023.JPG

F1010024.JPG

F1010030.JPG

F1000034.JPG

F1000033.JPG

vignetting at the corner

thanks to Amedeo, great adapter, everybody should buy one, not many as skilled and flexible craftsmen as Amedeo around.

17171957997_4480cd0771.jpg

17379092211_d7b0317cab.jpg

17193197029_265af6c079.jpg

17379091301_87ff864c6d.jpg

Interesting that I'm not the only person who chose the adapter in a plain brass finish, rather than having it chromed.
Great bit of excellent craftsmanship.

Hello, Amedeo,

That is a beautifully-made adapter, and makes mine look crude by comparison.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91022

One problem I was not able to solve was that the locking latch for both the "S" side and the "F" side are in the same place, and I could not include both of them. I ended up with a lock on the "S" side but only a friction fit on the "F" side. It looks as if your design is the opposite, but I see what looks like an extra pin sticking out of the F mount. Does that lock the S side somehow? How did you deal with that problem?

The lug for the 21mm lens does not need to be very precise, and the position can be found by making careful measurements on a Nikon F. If you make it slightly smaller than the gap on the lens, you should have no trouble fitting it.

Cheers,
Dez

Hello Dez,

For to lock it on the S mount the adapter must be mounted first on the body, then when the lens is mounted, the pin is pressed down and lock the adapter in position.

For to remove the adapter must be removed the lens first. This week will receive a Nikkor 2,1cm and will have the adapter with the lug, but I have a doubt, ¿this lug is fixed? or need to be removed for other lenses.

Best regards,
Amedeo Musceli

Hello, Amedeo,

That is a beautifully-made adapter, and makes mine look crude by comparison.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91022

One problem I was not able to solve was that the locking latch for both the "S" side and the "F" side are in the same place, and I could not include both of them. I ended up with a lock on the "S" side but only a friction fit on the "F" side. It looks as if your design is the opposite, but I see what looks like an extra pin sticking out of the F mount. Does that lock the S side somehow? How did you deal with that problem?

The lug for the 21mm lens does not need to be very precise, and the position can be found by making careful measurements on a Nikon F. If you make it slightly smaller than the gap on the lens, you should have no trouble fitting it.

Cheers,
Dez

I don't think the lug will give any trouble with other lenses. It is in exactly the same position as the lug in the Nikon F body, so any lens that will fit a Nikon F should be OK.

Cheers,
Dez

A look of the FS adapter on a Leica M8 using my Nikon S to M adapter, will post some shots using this gear shortly.

I need a help, the 2.1cm finder do not mount on my Nikon F3, I need make a adapter for to mount the finder on modern flash shoes, need detailed photos of the appropriate shoe where this finder did mount.
Amedeo.

U15566I1431274987.SEQ.0.jpg

U15566I1431275990.SEQ.2.jpg

Nikkor 21mm on Leica M8. Excuse me the dirty CCD, but my M8 is other tool in my dusty shop.

U15566I1431275989.SEQ.1.jpg

U15566I1431275989.SEQ.0.jpg

All this pictures with the focusing ring at 2 meters f:8, virtually this lens is a point and shot.

Back