Crazy about the Biogon-C 35mm - pics thread

I agree John. I really like that one but I really like the rooster and also the running boy shot to. The entire set is strong.

The tab is really nice and the DoF scale is really easy to read.

Thank you! I'm proud of the rooster and the shot of the boy. The gang at the workshop were pretty amazed that you can get a shot like the running boy with a manual focus lens!

Lovely stuff Maggie. Also like the running boy, taking the M9-P to the limit at f2.8. Glad to see you too see no need to upgrade.

Ha ha yeah some of use know how to use DoF scales. I enjoy your work a lot.

Lovely stuff Maggie. Also like the running boy, taking the M9-P to the limit at f2.8. Glad to see you too see no need to upgrade.

Thank you, guys!

I actually focused manually on the running boy- one of my favorite things is the short focus throw on the Biogon- I always return it to infinity, so all I have to do is move the ring in one direction.

After Cuba, I had the sensor replaced on the M9-P and I can't think of any decent reason to go to another camera, even if the M10-P is such a sweet body.

With the M10. Loving the 3D Pop!

50154694302_6e6cd6049d_b.jpg

50154694957_b7fc00d9a7_b.jpg

Zeiss ZM 35mm F/2.8 on Nikon Z6

Zeiss ZM 35mm F/2.8 on Nikon Z6

Here it is on the Nikon Z6 - at f/4 or 5.6 most likely. ISO 100. OOC jpg just USM for RFF size reduction (.5,50%)

jag1rff.jpg

and the 100% crop:

jag1croprff.jpg

Zeiss ZM 35mm f2.8 on Nikon Z6

Zeiss ZM 35mm f2.8 on Nikon Z6

Here it is at f/2.8 or f/4 closer shot. ISO 100, USM (.5, 50%)

jag2rff.jpg

and the 100% crop:

jag2croprff.jpg

I must say these Zeiss lenses always have that special "Zeiss characteristic" which is hard to qualify. They are really sharp and also render colors and shadows dramatically. Maybe it's just my imagination.

I feel the temptation to shoot wide open too much, but I've gotten in the habit of stopping down more, to achieve a wider depth of field. I've gotten less obsessed with the blurred background and more about other characteristics.

2.8 is still a decent aperture for low light, but 1.7 would still be better. I always feel worried if I use a 2.8 lens, that it will not be adequate if I'm using at night without a flash or indoors.

So I usually go with the 50mm in this case, but recently I got a 35mm 2.8 vivitar lens, so I will try it out and see, I haven't used 35mm much.

The loss of this lens, for me, is the one regret I have from my period of buying and selling. I was new in the hobby so I was tempted by speed. One of these days, I will get it back.

The loss of this lens, for me, is the one regret I have from my period of buying and selling. I was new in the hobby so I was tempted by speed. One of these days, I will get it back.

yes, i have done that too ~
Even in low light, Miss C Biogon does her magic .

Back