Crazy about the Biogon-C 35mm - pics thread

With film I have not noticed any significant vignetting with either the Summaron or the C Biogon. It could be a digital problem though.
These days it is not as big a problem as it used to be as you can easily correct in scans for that - rather than making strange looking devices that you wave under the enlarging lens!
All the shots on the F646 -F650 series are unmanipulated - straight scans, just some "digital" spotting (need to clean up the darkroom as the "dust-bunnies" are attacking with a vengeance!).

This shot shows some vignetting.

Fuji Velvia 100F:
5251288223_f6d2b33fb5_b.jpg

I will take your word on the superiority of the C-Biogon and how it works well with the M9. I wish I had such a combo, but since I don't, I will have to use what I already have. The 35mm Summicron is not bad at alland neither is the pre-asph 35mm Lux. I still believe that it is most important to better make use of what we already have.

I don't mind the vignetting too much either, and I think it even enhances the shot I posted above. Some other shooting situations it might bother me, we'll see.

And I can confirm that the contrast is, indeed, very high. Here's an example where the bright desert conditions, along with the film I was shooting, really send the contrast to its extremes.

Fuji Acros 100, D-76:
5251913030_225eb76ff9_z.jpg

I will take your word on the superiority of the C-Biogon and how it works well with the M9. I wish I had such a combo, but since I don't, I will have to use what I already have. The 35mm Summicron is not bad at alland neither is the pre-asph 35mm Lux. I still believe that it is most important to better make use of what we already have.

The Summicron is not "not bad." It's superb. Every lens you've just mentioned is superb.

Have both 35f2.8 C Biogon and 35f1.2 Nokton (first version) and like them both but the C Biogon wins for travel. And both combined are still less then half the price of a 35 Summicron.

Thanks @Helenhill. Dunno the architect and I am too lazy to look it up. It's near 'Landungsbrücken' in Hamburg.

Incredible lens. Against low morning sun from the hotel room, unedited. No hood needed. HP5+ @ 1600 in HC-110 (B) @ 23 degrees.

2018-08-19-0025t0fav.jpg

Occasionally I'll use the Planar 50 just for a change, but otherwise the C-Biogon is my default lens. It is said to offer exceptional flare resistance. I always use it with the Zeiss hood, more for protection because I don't use lens caps. - John

43414279264_740844f2e6_b.jpg

M6 | C-Biogon | Tri-X

It's an amazing lens. Small, easy to focus (I love the metal tab), and for my money, you cannot beat the image quality. Aside from some Ricoh GR shots, I used it on my M9-P exclusively on my trip to Cuba.

Man, Havana, February 11, 2017 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Old Veteran, Havana, February 11, 2017 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Running Boy, Havana, February 11, 2017 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Street, Havana, February 12, 2017 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Afternoon, Havana, February 12, 2017 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Chicken On A Bicycle, Havana, February 13, 2017 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Detail, Ballerinas, Havana, February 16, 2017 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Fùtbol , Havana, February 12, 2017 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Wonderful set, Maggie. I especially like the Ballerinas shot. I prefer the Zeiss bump tabs also.

John

I agree John. I really like that one but I really like the rooster and also the running boy shot to. The entire set is strong.

The tab is really nice and the DoF scale is really easy to read.

Back