Difference between TX2 and Xpan II?

snowblink

Local time
2:03 PM
The Xpan II is unavailable in the UK now.
I have noticed Robert White selling a TX2.
Is there any difference between them?
Would I be better off looking for a 2nd hand Xpan II?

My understanding is that they are the same camera, simply badged differently for different markets (Fuji for Japan and asia, Hasselblad for US and Europe).

Robert White is a very good firm to work with. I don't think you can go wrong if you purchase from them.

good luck

I think the color may be slightly different also... the tx2 being a lighter grey to the xpan's dark graphite. The lenses for the tx are slightly less expensive on the secondary market than those with the hasselblad name, although I think they are made in the same factory.

The difference is in the badging, colour, and lens badging.

The long and the short of it is that the XPan2 / TX-2 are the same camera.. if you've got $ to burn to have the hassy name, go for gold!

I bought a TX-2 new from Hong Kong, along with a Fujinon 45mm but as the residual values of the Fuji body began to fall, I sold it off and got a Xpan II instead, along with the Hassey 30, 45 and 90 lenses. The short of it, the Hassey does retain its value much better than the Fuji. It's kinda sad seeing how they are exactly the same save for the slight cosmetic differences. The only other marked difference is the external viewfinder for the Fujinon and Hassey 30mm lenses. The Fuji is a much cleaner arrangement and it sits directly above the hotshoe whereas the Hassey viewfinder is positioned above the camera viewfinder, and much bulkier than the Fuji and harder to fit onto the hotshoe. Oh, the Fuji comes with a Japanese manual only.

price for TX-2

price for TX-2

What price did Robert White quote for the TX-2. I just bought one from hk. Just want to check. price with 45mm lens, please

Rajbir, I live in Hong Kong and would be interested to know where you bought your TX-2 and how much it cost you. It is now quite difficult to find it so I would really appreciate your help. Thanks Max

Fuji tx2

Fuji tx2

Mevan
ebay seller costrite still has them for sale his last auction never got bought i got mine from him he has the best price on a new tx2 with 45mm lens kit he also sells 30mm lens,the only downside is the manual is in japanese and you only get a warranty through them
he quoted me only 6 months for the warranty
He has a 30mm lens on sale now although his prices seem to have gone up $200
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fujifilm-TX-2-3...ryZ15234QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Mackem
p.s he is a hong kong seller

Another difference is the wood grip available for the Fuji- I put one on my XPAN2 and it became a much more comfortable camera- worth the $16! (tho these too seem much higher now on ebay)

I have a TX-2, also mail ordered from Hong Kong a few years ago. I think the shop is Tin Cheung Camera. Can't remember how much it cost, but was by far the best price I found. They only shipped via UPS (VAT?). Camera is black, rubber focussing ring is grey. I actually like NOT having a hassy!

MP/CLE said:
I think the color may be slightly different also... the tx2 being a lighter grey to the xpan's dark graphite. The lenses for the tx are slightly less expensive on the secondary market than those with the hasselblad name, although I think they are made in the same factory.

My TX2 is all black not grey and my Xpan 1 grey.

TX 2 vs Xpan II

TX 2 vs Xpan II

I've been using the TX 2 for a few years now and love it. I shoot handheld with tri-x and manage to get near horizontal most of the time. For more tonality i'll shoot Neopan with a tripod.

Ii actually prefer having a TX 2 over a Hassy - it's better looking! And it's more exclusive! The camera was after all made by Fuji and re-badged - not the other way around!:cool:

And as for the guys who complain the manual is in Japanese.....come on guys! It's not rocket science - this is a straightforward bit of kit that gives great flexibility and good results.

Tx1

Tx1

I've had a TX1 since 1998 when a friend brought one back from Japan for me. It's a fantastic camera, but looking at the scans of my tranny's now it doesn't seem very sharp compared to files from my D700. I suppose that's more to do with my scans than the camera. I wouldn't sell it, though it hasn't been used for a while.

Hi,

sorry to popout the old thread but didn't know where I can post.. I'm searching for a Fuji TX-2 and I search some online shops in HK also the named Tin Cheung Camera shop.. they have a brand new for HKD47.250 nearly $6.092 for the tx2 with 45mm kit.

am I wrong or is the price extremly high?
any suggest where to get a good one?
thanks--

Hi,

sorry to popout the old thread but didn't know where I can post.. I'm searching for a Fuji TX-2 and I search some online shops in HK also the named Tin Cheung Camera shop.. they have a brand new for HKD47.250 nearly $6.092 for the tx2 with 45mm kit.

am I wrong or is the price extremly high?
any suggest where to get a good one?
thanks--

You will have to pay collector's price to own a new set now. For practical use, get one from ebay or rff (i see from time to time)

Back