Other/Uncategorized Do you like my new Leica Wait What!

Other Screw mount bodies/lenses

Range-rover

Mentor
Local time
2:00 AM
I just got this today and I'm really shocked, it a cool Yashica/Nicca Camera. It's really nice works smooth
nice finder, and the range of Screwmount lenses are really good. I found a few things about it on the web
and youtube, if anybody knows more about maybe to adjust the focus if off let me know.

Thanks

P1090443 (1).jpeg

These came with a very good 50mm f1.8 Yashinon lens made by Tomioka that looked a lot like the later Canon LTM silver and black 50mm f1.8 lens.

One of the foolish low points in my LTM camera acquisition frame of mind is turning down a mint/new one of these with the official Yashinon lens all still in the box for 100 dollars in 1987 at a camera show .

I had one of these, or at least the Yashica version many, many years ago with that Yashinon. It was great, I haveno idea why I sold it, probably needed the money.

These were amazing for the fact they were some of the few 35mm RF cameras with focal plane shutters with projected VF framelines..they joined the ranks of the big 3 top shelf models of the Leica Ms , Nikon SP and the Canon 7...they came too late when Nicca was bought out by Yashica to acquire their focal plane shutter expertise around 1958/59 but back then the SLR fever had taken over and photographers wanted these cameras instead of RF cameras... while never numerous by 1960 the Yashica YF was sold for bargain prices to get rid of them.

I've got two, one I found in a Goodwill store, the other I bought as a replacement because the Goodwill one had too many mechanical issues to make it worth repairing. Then before I could get a roll of film in the second, one of the the shutter curtains broke loose.

If I remember correctly, the vertical alignment is done through the second screw port (directly above the lens mount), and it entails rotating a toothed wheel with a flat blade screwdriver until you are satisfied with the results.

Take it easy on the film advance, Range-rover, they have a tendency to start jamming.

PF

I've got two, one I found in a Goodwill store, the other I bought as a replacement because the Goodwill one had two many mechanical issues to make it worth repairing. Then before I could get a roll of film in the second, one of the the shutter curtains broke loose.

If I remember correctly, the vertical alignment is done through the second screw port (directly above the lens mount), and it entails rotating a toothed wheel with a flat blade screwdriver until you are satisfied with the results.

Take it easy on the film advance, Range-rover, they have a tendency to start jamming.

PF

Thank you for the info, last night I was poking around and I found it. The vertical was off a bit and I adjusted it and it's
better lines up good still looking for a lens but getting close.

Back