Votes: 357 37.2%

• Total voters

CameraQuest

Head Bartender
Staff member
Local time
1:46 PM
Do you shoot Film or Digital?

Vote one of the 4 choices which most closely fits your style.

Let's see what develops ..

Stephen

60% digital (because it pays for my home), 39% film (more if I had more time for my personal work), 1% talk about it because anything more is a waste of precious life and takes away from shooting.

hmmm... more time or shots. I shoot more shots with digital but I'm spending more time with my film cameras.

Almost completely film. Once in a while the DSLR comes out, but rarely.

I'd shoot more digi if someone wants to donate a m8/m9.... but I doubt that'll happen. :)
I'm pretty happy in the darkroom anyway.

-Brian

I'd say about 80 percent film and 20 percent digital. I use a digi P/S to sketch out my film shots. I find it's a less expensive way to determine if I've actually got a shot or not.

I'll usually keep the sketches that work then return with film. It actually saves me money, film and time. I also use it for snapshots for family and friends by email.

Okay, I'll play: approximately 80% film; the balance is divvied up between my (borrowed) Olympus C-8080, my tiny-but-fun Casio EX-850, and the camera in my BlackBerry Curve. Thinking about a Samsung TL-500, or maybe that new Nikon P-7000, but I'm not getting any more "into" digital than that, if that.

- Barrett

Last edited:
Using film, promoting film, and serving film community (by offering darkroom printing services). Currently looking for an affordable 8x10 kit :D

Two film scanners, an Epson inkjet for making digital negatives (alternative and contact printing).

My 2 (only) digital cameras are the oh-so-versatile Olympus E-P2, and a super cheap Fuji S3 Pro (just so I can use Nikon AF glasses).

I'm all film. I own an inexpensive Lumix digital, but I almost never use it because I have to read the instructions first, because its been so long since I used it last time, and on and on. I suspect that I might shoot more digital if I could afford and justify the price of an M8 or M9, but thats never going to happen.

one year ago i was 100% film. now i am about 80% digital and maybe 20% film.
if kodachrome were still an option i would probably be about 50/50.

bob

80% film, 20% digital
My kid is too fast for film indoors hence the digital. But when I'm out its film camera baby!

For hobby, which I call "my photography," it's 100% film. That's the photos that I might print in darkroom and hang from wall or show to people "that's my photo" in my portfolio. All public exhibition and a few publications that I've taken part in were with film.

For work like occasional paid shoot, self-made stock photo for design job, any other design materials, I use digital. Also "for sale" shots are by digital.

All-n-all, If I combine them all, I have to choose "Mostly Film, Some Digital."

Last edited:
To answer the question posed by the thread (although twisting it a little), I shoot both film and digital.

In the past year, the M8 has become my walk-around camera. Accordingly the high percentage of shots I take are now digital. Vive la difference!

Back