Votes: 358 37.3%
  • All Digital

Votes: 55 5.7%
  • Mostly Digital, Some Film

Votes: 357 37.2%

• Total voters
Dgital

Dgital

I shoot digital with a pentax DSLR, however I primarily use film lenses made in the 70's and basically I am shooting as if I was using film. It puts the fun back into photography.

Color 95% digital and B/W 95% film. But sadly the darkroom is just not all it use to be for me. My hands make it real hard to load film on the reels, I use to load film in a changing bag. The last batch of film ended up being sent out, plus the postage both ways makes that costly.

David

My husband and I have been doing this for nearly 50 years. Italy, France, the Levant and Maghreb... We stopped film as soon as we are able. It is very hot here and there. Digital is easier for logistics and better for avoiding the complications at the borders.

You should use whatever a) makes sense given the current situation and your goals, or b) whatever makes you happy.

The first camera I used for thoughtful photography was my father's Leica IIIc. Seventy years later, after buying and selling too many film cameras to count ranging from 16mm to 4x5, and a dozen or so digital cameras I have packed them all up and returned to using just screw mount Leicas, including my father's IIIc which I still own.

Back