Dust on my 400tx Negs. & Frame line accuracy of LEICA m's & the Lenses I use on them.

LeicaVirgin1

Established
Local time
1:35 AM
Dust on my 400tx Negs. & Frame line accuracy of LEICA m's & the Lenses I use on them.

Dear Tom-

I develop film in my lavatory & download my film in a Harrison Changing Bag.

I rinse all my beakers with cold water from the tap. Once dry them I mix my chemicals & use them right away. I will reuse the stop & fix over & over again. I pour these two chemicals back into my airtight/collapsible AP Jugs for later use. When I recycle the stop, the fix, the hypo-clear; I store them for no longer than 2 months. My lavatory is a 5star hotel lavatory. Very clean & clinical. My Harrison Changing bag is shaken inside-out; so it's clean as well.

With all this info & my working methods, ( I wear very low static t-shirts & good black jeans; the term for the attire is: SHOW BLACKS).

So recently I am seeing small hairs; some minute scratching & much dust spots that seem to be embedded into the negative after I dry her. Of course, I use a 1 ear drop full of Kodaks Photo-Flo as a finish to my negs. I let them hang to dry in a pretty clean room w hardly any ventilation @ room-temperature. Thoughts on how I might remedy this?

& the second question: I own a 135mm-M-f2.8, v.3 w/attached goggles. It is by LEITZ, Midland, Ontario. I put it up on my LEICA mp & I see the magnifier work just swell. However, when developing some photo & then making contacts, subjects somehow ended up in most of my shots. What I mean is that it was only the tip of a hat, or a hand jetting into frame even though I was sure my cropping in my camera, (by me). The subjects aren't grossly in the frame; just riding the edged depending on my luck & sometimes I crop a pic, (in camera with that leitz 135mmf2.8-M- v.3). I have heard that various different frame-lines; some are more accurate than others? Is that a true statement? I was once told that the LEICA m4 had the best framelines & were the most bloody accurate. Is that perhaps true.

Lastly, dug ur interview. Amazing. We need you here in US to brainstorm to make things better & support the artist, or a Vision; instead of design by committee

Back