Leica LTM Early Elmars

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
Brusby: "I thought you were having lunch with William Shatner. He could be his twin. Nice photo.
Just curious how you focused this shot. Zone? Doesn't the Leica Ia lack a rangefinder?"

Thank you, Brusby. The Leica la doesn't have a rangefinder, but Leitz produced a separate rangefinder. This instrument is more precise than the rangefinder of a Leica lll and is called "Fofer". You simply measure the distance with the Fofer and then transfere the measured distance to the distance scale of the lens on the camera. A bit slow, but very precise.

Erik.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMF
This is the world famous Dutch soccer player Marco van Basten, three-time European Footballer of the Year and two-time World Footballer of the Year, is recognised worldwide as one of the best footballers of all time. The former striker was praised for his ball stability, technique, tactical class and way of finishing. During his active career as a player, he mainly caused a furore at Ajax and AC Milan. In Amsterdam service, the striker won three national titles and the European Cup Winners Cup. Here in disguise in a raincoat on a ladies bike.

gelatin silver print (elmar 50mm f3.5 uncated) leica lll

Erik.

10-Marco-van-Basten-5-2018-.jpg

Reactions: JMF
Brusby: "I thought you were having lunch with William Shatner. He could be his twin. Nice photo.
Just curious how you focused this shot. Zone? Doesn't the Leica Ia lack a rangefinder?"

Thank you, Brusby. The Leica la doesn't have a rangefinder, but Leitz produced a separate rangefinder. This instrument is more precise than the rangefinder of a Leica lll and is called "Fofer". You simply measure the distance with the Fofer and then transfere the measured distance to the distance scale of the lens on the camera. A bit slow, but very precise.

Erik.

I've seen those. I guess ya just gotta have a compliant subject who will hold still while you're measuring. Anyway, nice job. Tones look good too. What film and chemistry were you using?

Back