Eastern Europe

p.giannakis

Pan Giannakis
Local time
8:46 AM
The recent thread regarding Antanas Sutkus and photography in Lithuania (found here) has sparked some interest regarding this part of the world - the Eastern European countries.

Having had different pictures of Eastern Europe from different RFF members scattered in different forum threads, it is time for a dedicated thread on Eastern Europe for RFF members to post their pictures - both past and present.

So please post your pictures of Eastern Europe in here. I will make a start.

Poland - 2011
Kodak Tri-X in Rodinal

6015431510_b51462393b_o.jpg

The question is where does Eastern Europe start? Where‘s the exact center of the continent?
But good idea! I‘ll contribute a bit later.

Great shot! Super.

Jan, is it a print?

Erik.

Thanks Erik, it's a scan from negative. Looking forward to see more of your pictures from '90 in Poland.

The question is where does Eastern Europe start? Where‘s the exact center of the continent?
But good idea! I‘ll contribute a bit later.

For me it's everything east of Iron Curtain, I know it's long gone but the stigma is still present.

And where does it end? On the Bosphorus? Is the "asian" side of Istanbul still Eastern Europe?

cepWZDt.jpg

IST 2011

In those years I was shooting with an Olympus Pen FT (24x18mm). I used this camera also in Turkey. I don't have good prints of those, but maybe I can make some scans.

Erik.

I remember your shots from Turkey in Pen thread!

This one is like 3 weeks old, Pen F with 38/1.8.

xIxPKJi.jpg

Poland, near Warsaw, 2020

I've been looking, only a few negatives (from the Pen FT) from Poland survive.

I had in the early 1990's an affair with a Polish girl, she was a quite brilliant law student. She now is judge in Olsztyn, Beata Faralisz. I met her in Utrecht, she was there on holidays. She invited me to visit her in Barczewko, I came, but she had there another friend, so I didn't stay long.

I'll print some of the negatives to show them here.

In fact the other side of the Bosphorus isn't Europe!

Erik.

Back