Eastern Europe

MM0jNHz.jpg

Part of abandoned PGR (state-owned farm, Sovkhoz in FSU), those grain elevators have all shades of rust, I must go back there with slide film.
Contax IIa, Sonnar 50/1.5, Adox CHS II 100.

does anybody ever tried correcting perspective under the enlarger? looks pretty simple from what I found on the internet...

does anybody ever tried correcting perspective under the enlarger? looks pretty simple from what I found on the internet...
Yes, it's possible by tilting the paper easel... but then that throws parts of the image out of focus. So, fortunately I had an enlarger that featured a tiltable film stage to allow proper focus. Beseler 23C

MM0jNHz.jpg

Part of abandoned PGR (state-owned farm, Sovkhoz in FSU), those grain elevators have all shades of rust, I must go back there with slide film.
There are some PGR farms -abandoned now- close to the village where my wife grew up. I have been many times tempted to go and photograph them but always postponed it. I do have pictures somewhere though from old abandoned polish farms on the west of Poland. Finding and scanning them is my Saturday night project it seems :cool:

does anybody ever tried correcting perspective under the enlarger?

Back in "the day" I used a down and dirty solution. I would tilt the easel and use a big folded bandana under it at just the right height to hold it in position. I didn't have a tilting lens stage on my enlargers so I would just stop down to minimum aperture on the enlarging lens and it was usually good enough.

Yes, it's possible by tilting the paper easel... but then that throws parts of the image out of focus. So, fortunately I had an enlarger that featured a tiltable film stage to allow proper focus. Beseler 23C
thank you Doug, I guess I'll just do it by trial and error, try to compensate by stopping down the lens.

There are some PGR farms -abandoned now- close to the village where my wife grew up. I have been many times tempted to go and photograph them but always postponed it. I do have pictures somewhere though from old abandoned polish farms on the west of Poland. Finding and scanning them is my Saturday night project it seems :cool:
if you find one thats not vandalized you're in for a treat, as they will all vanish soon.

Back in "the day" I used a down and dirty solution. I would tilt the easel and use a big folded bandana under it at just the right height to hold it in position. I didn't have a tilting lens stage on my enlargers so I would just stop down to minimum aperture on the enlarging lens and it was usually good enough.
"good enough" sounds like a recommendation to me, thanks!

Some photos from different farms on the western part of Poland.
Pictures taken between 2006 and 2009 with different cameras.

Saturday night scanning was productive I see, looking forward for more Pan!
Also I hereby grant you with a sack of potatoes, becuase I heard that's what they like most in the west ;)

VDWoDdC.jpg

Saturday night scanning was productive I see, looking forward for more Pan!
Also I hereby grant you with a sack of potatoes, becuase I heard that's what they like most in the west ;)

VDWoDdC.jpg
Although there is quite a bit of debate as to whether Greece is East or West; I will take the sack of potatoes. It is always useful :cool:

Although there is quite a bit of debate as to whether Greece is East or West; I will take the sack of potatoes. It is always useful :cool:

Greece is the origin of „western“ democracy abd culture but lies in the east, let’s put it this way 😉😁

You certainly got shots from Greece, why not post them in this thread?

Greece is the origin of „western“ democracy abd culture but lies in the east, let’s put it this way 😉😁

You certainly got shots from Greece, why not post them in this thread?
I don't have that many actually, I have posted some on the "Let's see some of the earliest photos you've made" thread and I wouldn't want to repeat them here. When I go to Greece to visit family, I don't usually bring a camera with me.

I will try to see if I have any lurking around. I'll post this one here.

Greece - August 2017
Nikon F801
Kodak TMax400 in HC110
Scan11245.jpg

I was thinking about western Poland, the famous "pyrlandia" ;)

Greece, as a part of Mediterrean Culture doesn't belong in Eastern Europe, it's too nice, too sunny... actually this gives me an idea for a new ongoing thread!

Back