Electro 35 gsn battery

schow

Well-known
Local time
10:24 AM
Hi everyone,
It's been a long time since I've used my electro 35. What are people recommending for the battery these days? I used to have an adapter I can't find anymore.

Please, let me know.

Thanks!

Sherman

Hi everyone,
It's been a long time since I've used my electro 35. What are people recommending for the battery these days? I used to have an adapter I can't find anymore.

Please, let me know.

Thanks!

Sherman

I have used four LR44 batteries in a piece of plastic tubing and some aluminium foil as a length extender in the past...it worked fine.

Hi everyone,

Please, let me know.

I purchased the A32PX (replacement for the mercury PX32) for my GSN from the Small Battery Company in London. I see that you're in the US, but SBC charges only £3 (around 4$) to send internationally. Here's a link to the appropriate battery on the SBC site.

Their A32PX replacement for the mercury PX32 isn't cheap at £10.89 (around $14) but for me it has worked perfectly for many years. No adapters, no stacking - just insert the battery, and be done with it! :)

I've dealt with SBC several times over the past ten years, and I've always had good service. Hope this helps. (Disclaimer: No connection with SBC other than as a satisfied customer.)

...I've dealt with SBC several times over the past ten yeras, and I've always had good service. Hope this helps. (Disclaimer: No connection with SBC other than as a satisfied customer.)

I'll second that; they are one of the best firms I know.

Regards, David

I picked up a set of 6 Duracell PX28LB lithium batteries which are 6vdc on eBay a couple of weeks ago which I use with an adapter. I have used this series of batteries since getting the Yashica in 1998. I paid like $25usd for them with shipping.

You can get 20 LR44 batteries for 8 dollars CDN and free shipping from Amazon.

A piece of 15mm dia. plastic tubing 45mm long costs $ 1.13 CDN or less at a hardware store.

Aluminium foil is found in every kitchen drawer or cupboard.

I have also used the 4LR44 battery that I use for my Canon F1N SLR camera.

This stand alone unit and some crumpled aluminium foil to extend the battery terminal for the Yashica's deep battery compartment also worked good.

I purchased the A32PX (replacement for the mercury PX32) for my GSN from the Small Battery Company in London. I see that you're in the US, but SBC charges only £3 (around 4$) to send internationally. Here's a link to the appropriate battery on the SBC site.

Their A32PX replacement for the mercury PX32 isn't cheap at £10.89 (around $14) but for me it has worked perfectly for many years. No adapters, no stacking - just insert the battery, and be done with it! :)

I've dealt with SBC several times over the past ten years, and I've always had good service. Hope this helps. (Disclaimer: No connection with SBC other than as a satisfied customer.)

Thanks for the suggestion!
Looks like they are out of stock at the moment.

That a pity. I'm fairly sure that they were in stock, when I made my post, a few days ago. :(

Did you notice (on the page that I linked) that you can submit an enquiry to ask when they think the item will be back in stock?

That a pity. I'm fairly sure that they were in stock, when I made my post, a few days ago. :(

Did you notice (on the page that I linked) that you can submit an enquiry to ask when they think the item will be back in stock?

Yes, I did and I submitted an inquiry. Thanks for asking!
Depending on the answer, I'll either go with him or Yashica Guy's adapter.

Hah!. Maybe I had the last one which arrived today. You can also use 4 off PC640A batteries but looks like SBC is out of them as well. Worth tracking down the A32PX if you can as they do last for years.

Problem with the other options is they don't supply sufficient current so the battery check light may not work and the exposure lights may be dim. But the camera will, usually, expose correctly as it's very tolerant of battery voltage. I did a comparison some time ago. Details at http://www.contax139.co.uk/yashica-electro-35-batteries

I printed an adapter and use 3 LR44's. I think 4 would be ok, and probably a simpler model, but the one I have here had very corroded contacts and needed a rebuild on one end and some new wiring.

Back