Epson R-D1 Information Resource / FAQ website

RichC

Well-known
Local time
6:07 AM
EDIT: May 2011: THE EPSON R-D1 FAQ website has a new home at CameraQuest
Many Thanks to Rich Cutler!

Over the past year I've scrawled rough notes on oddments of paper, created scrappy Word files, collected web links, etc., whenever I've come across something about the R-D1 that I thought might come in useful one day.

I've tidied up this collection and created an Epson R-D1 Information Resource website for the benefit of the community:

It contains information on adjusting the rangefinder, which batteries to use, repairing/servicing, replacement eyepieces, problematic lenses and anything else I thought useful.

I'd be grateful for feedback:

• mistakes
• broken links
• omissions
• clarifications
• suggested additions.

If you have any new material, this is especially welcome.

The website has been created under a Creative Commons Licence (excepting my personal photos in my Gallery), so feel free to use/republish the material as you wish. All I ask is an acknowledgement and a link back to my website.

Last - but not least - thanks to everyone on this forum, as this is where I've gleaned a large proportion of the information.

Last edited:
Wow, Rich, this is a very impressive collection of info! Thanks for doing it.

Rich
What an incredible resource for those of us that hope to be able to adjust their rangefinder someday.

Rex

terrific resource

terrific resource

Hi there Rich

thank you for collecting and compiliing this great resource for rd-1 owners and prospective buyers. I'm just days away from my first hands on experience with it but I wanted to mention that I had very similar motivations with purchasing it as you.

I wanted a smaller, more discrete, inter-personal camera... I only hope that I can get acustomed to the RF way...

George

Wow this is great indeed! It is a useful site that for sure hundreds of people will refer to.

Anybody has servicing info or guides on the RD-1s which is built differently than the original RD-1? It will be good to include their differences as well.

Hi Rich,

What a brilliant achievement!

I did not have the time to deeply read each article, but I noticed that with the megaperl magnifier, I can reliably focus my tele-elmarit 90 2.8 at full aperture and even my tele-elmar 135 4.0 at 5.6. I suggest to add on your rangefinder accuracy table 1 page (http://www.richcutler.co.uk/r-d1/r-d1_05.htm) a 'maximum aperture with the megaperl attached' column based on your experience (or other RFF members).

Again, thanks a lot for the work , really appreciated.

Respect.

Philippe.

Rich,
This is really excellent and much needed. It will save a lot of time trying to search past threads here hoping to find the information.

Perhaps you can add the URL to your signature as something like the R-D1 Information Resource so that new R-D1 owners and Forum members can easily find it.

Better still perhaps the moderator could add it to 'Cool Links'

Thanks for all the hard work.

Jim

Excellent resource, well done.

If I could just add one teeny-tiny criticism....my screen brightness is turned up way too high but I find the low contrast text very difficult to read....would it be possible to darken it down a touch? That light grey is pretty but a bit tricksy for me.

Other than that, love it.

Jon

Great site. Interestingly, I read the Moto Guzzi pages first! BTW, the link to Wessons on the acknowledgments page is broken.

Earl

Wow! Thank you very much for your effort! Just the bit on the Exposure Pattern is worth the visit, let alone all the wonderful stuff on alignment (now I think I feel safer when I'll get my RD-1s to some local repairman!).

A very, very fine job!!!!

Great stuff!

Hmm, esoteric Italian bike and esoteric camera :)

Excellent stuff. I also read the MG stuff first :)

The Trusted Reviews review is hilarious, should be made a sticky for this forum. Price of entry for anyone considering buying the R-D1 :D

Well done and thanks. .
Just got my Rd-1 today so this was perfect.

Now I can take digital photos of my M´s with a rangefinder :)

vha

elmar 2.8/50

elmar 2.8/50

Rich great site thanks

can you confirm that the modern elmar 2.8/50mm can be safey collapse

sylvain

Back