Epson R-D1 Information Resource / FAQ website

Rich, thanks for your work!

May I point out that a vintage collapsable Elmar 90mm/4 when fully collapsed, the tube will extend past the lens mount exactly 20.5 mm, just the limit stated by Epson. But on my rd1s, after mounting this collapsable Elmar 90mm, when I tried to collapse it, something block the lens tube after it has collapsed for about 6-7mm.

Leopard+R-D1+Aperture

Leopard+R-D1+Aperture

Has anyone solved the Leopard+R-D1+Aperture problem?

I'm trying to get it going before a total switch to lightroom

thanks, mike

Great Site - absorbing

Is the difference between the RD 1 and the RD 1S only the firmware upgrade

I have almost made the decision

Cheers

appreciation!

appreciation!

a note of appreciation for the wealth of useful, very useful information RichC has assembled- thank you!
having finally found an rd1, i was able to do the firmware upgrade easily- nice! however, now i notice a slight noise somewhere in the top plate when i move the body, rotating on a for/backward axis- everything seems to be functioning as it should; perhaps a couple of those nasty little dead pixels got dislodged after mapping...
now await arrival of patronus screen protector.
thank you RichC,
tomj

The R-D1(s) doesn't have an orientation sensor, so it must be something else. On my R-D1 I don't hear anything when moving it, maybe a loose screw or something like that?

And by the way, thank you too for all the information available at your site, it helped me a great deal repairing the dead R-D1 I bought!

Doh! You're right - I sold my R-D1 last year to get an M8, and my memory's obviously going!!

Anyway, my and my friend's R-D1 both had a faint rattle from new when shaken gently (his fainter than mine), so I doubt it's worth worrying about - just something moving that may be a looser fit on some cameras than others.

fixed LCD by accident

fixed LCD by accident

This may not be much, but take a look at how I got the LCD to work:
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65463

Over the past year I've scrawled rough notes on oddments of paper, created scrappy Word files, collected web links, etc., whenever I've come across something about the R-D1 that I thought might come in useful one day.

I've tidied up this collection and created an Epson R-D1 Information Resource website for the benefit of the community:

It contains information on adjusting the rangefinder, which batteries to use, repairing/servicing, replacement eyepieces, problematic lenses and anything else I thought useful.

I'd be grateful for feedback:

• mistakes
• broken links
• omissions
• clarifications
• suggested additions.

If you have any new material, this is especially welcome.

The website has been created under a Creative Commons Licence (excepting my personal photos in my Gallery), so feel free to use/republish the material as you wish. All I ask is an acknowledgement and a link back to my website.

Last - but not least - thanks to everyone on this forum, as this is where I've gleaned a large proportion of the information.

Late adapter gives thanks

Late adapter gives thanks

Didn't even know these cameras existed. First I saw a friend of mine with one and fell in love. One out of two then. Needed to convince the brain that this was a good idea. Your site more or less singlehandedly did the job. Thanks, couldn't be happier.

First Missalignment solved

First Missalignment solved

Hi, today my first emergency with a missaligned rangefinder.

Facts that may be from interest to you.

1-It got missaligned in my bare hands as i tested some focus shft in a lens, no hitting it or shaking it or street fighting, just all the harshness of focusing and changing lenses!

2-I could solve it taking out only the hot shoe, i´ve read n this forum that in the rd1s it can´t be done through the srew under it. It positively could.

Want to thank Rich once more because i could perform this fix very quickly and without having to remove the whole top out!

Bye

Enzo

Rich, thank you for operating such a great site.
I just bought a used RD1 and your site is a great place, to start, learning everything about this camera.

I am updating my website: there will no longer be a link from the home page at www.richcutler.co.uk to my Epson R-D1 pages.

The Epson R-D1 pages will still have their current addresses, and the Epson R-D1 home page can, as has always been the case, be reached at

www.richcutler.co.uk/r-d1

So, the only difference is that you won't be able to navigate to my R-D1 pages from my new home page. You will can instead look at my photos, though! <grin>

Last edited:
Epson R-D1 Information Resource / FAQ website NEW HOME

Epson R-D1 Information Resource / FAQ website NEW HOME

Rich Cutler kindly donated his R-D1 site to CameraQuest.com
in early May 2011.

May 17th:
The R-D1 FAQ site is now fully operational at
http://cameraquest.com/Epson-R-D1/_r-d1/index.html
-- (the old URL has been taken down)

Many Thanks to Rich!

Stephen

Back