Film prices, the good old days

You're making me miss the old monthly I think it was KEH newsprint catalogs :) Such fun fantasy material!

Rulnacco I live in East Tn and went to Atlanta often. You probably remember when KEH was on State St in an old house and you would ask to see a piece of equipment and the clerk would go in the back and pull the item and bring it to the front. Then they moved next door to E-6 of Atlanta out near 10th st.

I think that may have been a little before my time. When I got to Atlanta, I'm pretty sure that KEH had already moved out to Marietta. I do remember E-6, although I didn't use them--as I said, I did most of my slide processing myself, but when I did need it back pretty quickly I usually went to (the also late and lamented) Moakler, who also did excellent work.

Man, those were indeed the good ol' days--and sounds like you got to enjoy them thoroughly, too!

I think that may have been a little before my time. When I got to Atlanta, I'm pretty sure that KEH had already moved out to Marietta. I do remember E-6, although I didn't use them--as I said, I did most of my slide processing myself, but when I did need it back pretty quickly I usually went to (the also late and lamented) Moakler, who also did excellent work.

Man, those were indeed the good ol' days--and sounds like you got to enjoy them thoroughly, too!
I know this is before your time but Meisel photo lab was down there. They were around in the 60’s and 70’s and did primarily commercial photo printing, Color neg processing and transparency processing. They were the go to place for commercial Cibachrome and internegs and dye transfer prints. I did commercial work, mostly transparency, and had some stunning 60” Ciba prints done by them and mounted. Im not sure what happened to them. I’m guessing they sold out.

My neighbor Jeff Wherler moved to Atl and started Quality Camera. He was on the west side of I-75 and had an old office building totally full of camera gear, mostly view cameras, MF and lighting gear. He’s a very good guy.

Last edited:
My neighbor Jeff Wherler moved to Atl and started Quality Camera. He was on the west side of I-75 and had an old office building totally full of camera gear, mostly view cameras, MF and lighting gear. He’s a very good guy.

Is Quality Camera still in business? And if so, where? I did stop in there once he did indeed have loads of interesting stuff!

Is Quality Camera still in business? And if so, where? I did stop in there once he did indeed have loads of interesting stuff!
I think he’s still there.

382 Trabert Ave NW

It on the west side of I-75.

His number is 404 881-8700

Jeff is the owner. Tell him Don referred you. Jeff was young and lived a couple houses down from me on East Fox Den Rd. Very good guy!

He worked up here at Thompson photo Products and went to Atl and worked for KEH when they were downtown then opened his business probably 25 years ago.

Back