For the Love Of Tri-X / Post your pictures

More than 50 years later Trix is still the best choise for Vietnam (not even trying to compare my tourist pictures to Mike's serious stuff)

NNynd2V.jpg

90kKDQr.jpg

Konica Genba Kantoku 35, Northern Vietnam (Bắc Hà district).

Leica IIIa syn - M39 Nikkor PC 2.5-105mm ltm - Kodak Tri-X - Kodak D76 1+1 - Nikon Coolscan 9000 -
Lake Constance - Bregenz - Austria - May 2015.

U31858I1620565296.SEQ.0.jpg

Leica IIIa syn - M39 Nikkor PC 2.5-105mm ltm - Kodak Tri-X - Kodak D76 1+1 - Nikon Coolscan 9000 -
Lake Constance - Bregenz - Austria - May 2015.

150821017_150530_Bodensee_IIIa-syn_2.5-105_TriX400_D76-1+1_LR5.7_16bit-tif_162.2MB_PSCC_sw_fra...jpg

This mix of photos -under the TriX heading - from a war with an American grunt dragging the body of a Vietnamese soldier through a ditch, followed by some tourist snaps is off.

This mix of photos -under the TriX heading - from a war with an American grunt dragging the body of a Vietnamese soldier through a ditch, followed by some tourist snaps is off.

Maybe, but that's exactly how internet looks like- a constant flow of pictures linked in many, sometimes most unfortunate, ways.

Also putting aside great beauty of the country, life in Vietnam (and many asian countries) is simpler yet hard, almost brutal in comparision to what we have in the "west".
And both mine and Mikes pictures are part of this truth.

hQjqYKk.jpg

GQM8CBP.jpg

Konica Genba Kantoku 35, sunday market in Bắc Hà.

life in Vietnam (and many asian countries) is simpler yet hard, almost brutal in comparision to what we have in the "west".
And both mine and Mikes pictures are part of this truth.

[.

You spent a month in Vietnam as a tourist and captured 'the truth' of a society? Mike went to Vietnam as a soldier tasked to document a war. An entirely different scenario.

Cheers, OtL

You spent a month in Vietnam as a tourist and captured 'the truth' of a society? Mike went to Vietnam as a soldier tasked to document a war. An entirely different scenario.

Cheers, OtL

Certainly I wasn't there 50 years ago, and I'm happy for that. And I wasn't talking about "The Truth of a society" as I discovered something, I called my pictures tourist snaps in the first place.

But is the juxtapositon "off"? No, I believe that by contrast you get the broader picture. It may be disturbing, but thats "the truth", or better call it reality.

During the quiet times in South Vietnam, I used to volunteered at Madame Vu Thi Ngai's orphanage at An Lac. I took this photo of a couple of young fellows having a good time hamming it up for the camera:
An%20Lac%2029.jpg

I had posted this photo over on a Leica forum and, not too long after that, I was contacted by a young lady who thought that was her dad on your right. Now, the above photo was taken with Tri-X but the young lady sent this photo that was not taken with said film:
Julie%20Nguyen%20copy.jpg

Over 50 years have passed but, even with my sorry eyes, you can see it's the same person. The young lady said my photo was her dad's only photo of his childhood. I sent the all of the photos I took at that orphanage. Isn't life interesting?

Mike

PS: I apologize to the moderators for violating the theme of this thread. I thought the viewers might like to see this.

Back