Frank Jackson - Great Images

Nice. I like the Tumblr images. The 500px ones look too polished to me, like everything else on 500px...

Gil.

Thanks for sharing his work,Stephen. There's a little of everything in his repertoire to satisfy even the very sophisticated photographers.

Frank Jackson - Photographer

Frank Jackson - Photographer

Frank is no longer hosting the Street Photography Forum

Least his wonderful expertise be overlooked, this was his forum intro - understated actually

I am happy and excited to announce a new RFF forum on Street Photography mentored by Frank Jackson, one of the best producers of analog B/W prints I have ever seen. His shows include the Open Shutter Gallery, Heriard-Cimino Gallery, and Ogden Museum of Southern Art. His images are in the collections of Smithsonian Ogden Museum of Southern Art, California Afro American Museum and Xavier University New Orleans LA. He has worked for or has been featured with Visa Card, Xerox, UCLA, Eric Owen Moss, Architect, Hasselblad Forum (cover),Gordon Parks, Muhammed Ali, Million Man March Wash. DC, Lionel Hampton, jazz legion photographer , 1995-2002, Stevie Wonder, B+W Magazine (British version) twice, Rangefinder Magazine, Dahon Bicycles, Arelli Wheels, Real Product Design, Automobile Club of Southern California. Frank's online images are at fotographz.500px.com and fotographzfrankjackson.tumblr.com .

"While on this diverse photographic journey…I have to say during this whole time my love for fine art black and white photography kept growing. I always found time to shoot in different cities and my own personal work…this has sustained me through some very tough times. As of 2012, with the help of a very good friend I maintain a state-of-the-art dream darkroom. The darkroom helps greatly in the on-going practice of understanding “the light”, being able to process film and print drives me to keep my digital photography “organic”. I’m curious visually and shooting what’s, what on the street feeds this curiosity. Everyday I walk out my front door to “see” the world with a digital camera, a film camera, the “cup” and an open mind (mostly).

Thanks, Los Angeles (and I will include Long Beach) is a place where you never can run out of photo opportunities. Frank is well taking advantage of LA.

Hello I think of you guys and am navigating my way through the Corona 19
lives we all live be save and keep shooting.
cheers
Frank

...and thank you all for the very kind words.

Back