Free 3D Printed Focus Tab for Voigtlander 28mm F1.9 Ultron LTM

jbf

||||||
Local time
8:00 AM
Hey All,

I made a 3D Printed focus tab for my CV 28 Ultron F1.9 and thought some others might like this as well. I've made it free to the community to download and print on your own. Also included links to a print service if you're adventurous (no warranty provided haha).

There are two versions, one is the Mandler style focusing tab on 35 and 50 Summicron V4 lens.
Another is like the Leica 28 Elmarit 2.8 Asph II focus tab.

Not sure if any of you own 3D printers but feel free to give these a try. They have not been extensively tested so keep in mind your mileage may vary.
That said in my day of printing / testing them I'm a fan of the mandler style.
The 28 Elmarit is nice as well but its a bit large for the camera and lens to sit flat if the focusing tab is rotated directly beneath the lens.

I attached with 3M VHB (clear) tape because it's what I had (and its clear). Its finnicky to trim with a craft knife but it came out good with patience and skilled hands.
Foam mounting tape may be easier to use.

Free Models
Free to use and print
https://www.printables.com/model/340...-focusing-knob

Print Service (Shapeways)
For those who do not have access to a 3D printer and want to use a print service.

Here's a couple pics of the Mandler style printed. Its slightly thicker than the 35 Summicron V4 tab just for easier use.

Printed in translucent PLA (what I had around)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-7033.jpg Views:	0 Size:	283.7 KB ID:	4812815 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-7035.jpg Views:	0 Size:	347.3 KB ID:	4812816 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-7036.jpg Views:	0 Size:	308.9 KB ID:	4812817

What a great idea! I am going to try this, if I can convince them at my job to print one out.
Obviously this can work on other lenses, depending on the profile/diameter, I would think.
Thanks!

What a great idea! I am going to try this, if I can convince them at my job to print one out.
Obviously this can work on other lenses, depending on the profile/diameter, I would think.
Thanks!

Oh definitely. It’s made in Fusion360 and the lens diameter can be adjusted accordingly that everything keeps relative dimensions based on lens diameter

Nice and elegant. I use rubber bands round the focusing rings of some lenses, not for ease of use, but to identify them by touch,

Back