Fuji x-t2 arrives tomorrow and I am a bit excited

lxmike

M2 fan.
Local time
9:06 PM
Recently I have fallen back in love with photography, (after a few years in the wilderness), I have recently been shooting with my X-E1, X 100 and X Pro 1, my lenses being 18/2 and 35/1.4. Tomorrow a nice condition X-T2 arrives, I feel very excited about its arrival, I plan to use it to shoot my soon to arrive grandson who is due this week. Is anyone shooting with an X-T2 at the moment, how do they find it.

My congratulations to you. I reckon you have made a great choice.

I bought into Fuji (also with an XT2) in February, after years of using Nikons. I still love my D700 and D800, but the XT2 is a camera uniquely its own, with lenses renowned for their sharpness and tonal rendition.

I wanted a lighter camera than my bulky Nikon Ds and the XT2 is ideal. My goals were twofold - to get away from the somewhat static photography I've tended to do (I'm a retired architect, so for a long time I've photographed mostly buildings, in fact my most 'active' subjects for years have been rather static travel images, my partner at home and our cats, which sums up 90% of my photography for the last several decades) and do more candid/street work, also to free up my thinking about the images I make and my approach to my creative approach.

So far I'm still going through the 'learning curve' with the Fuji, and I must admit it has been slow if steady, so very different from the way my D700 and D800 did things for me. It took me a while to fine-tune the colours I want, but after exploring the possibilities offered by the XT2 I've found it's even more versatile than my Nikons. I am now more into black-and-white photography than I was before, and when I download my day's images I always marvel at the superb tones I'm now getting.

Of course lenses come into the picture. My preferred lens is the (full frame) 28mm, so I initially bought the 18/2.0, then the legendary 18-55 zoom, both of which have served me well. On an impulse I then bought a 14/2.8 which I've yet to make much use of, but intend to do more 'tight situation' photography in the near future, also a 23/1.4 which I saw in a secondhand retail shop in Melbourne and immediately fell in love with. This lens (the 23) spends more time on my XT2 than the 18, and I enjoy its flexibility, being able to move quickly from fully autofocus to entirely manual when I want to.

I'm sure you will appreciate your XT2 to the utmost when you've played a bit with it and practiced shooting your preferred subjects. You will enjoy the less vivid color rendition it gives, but I suggest you devote a little time to playing around with the black-and-white features. You will be truly surprised at your results.

Enjoy...

My congratulations to you. I reckon you have made a great choice.

I bought into Fuji (also with an XT2) in February, after years of using Nikons. I still love my D700 and D800, but the XT2 is a camera uniquely its own, with lenses renowned for their sharpness and tonal rendition.

I wanted a lighter camera than my bulky Nikon Ds and the XT2 is ideal. My goals were twofold - to get away from the somewhat static photography I've tended to do (I'm a retired architect, so for a long time I've photographed mostly buildings, in fact my most 'active' subjects for years have been rather static travel images, my partner at home and our cats, which sums up 90% of my photography for the last several decades) and do more candid/street work, also to free up my thinking about the images I make and my approach to my creative approach.

So far I'm still going through the 'learning curve' with the Fuji, and I must admit it has been slow if steady, so very different from the way my D700 and D800 did things for me. It took me a while to fine-tune the colours I want, but after exploring the possibilities offered by the XT2 I've found it's even more versatile than my Nikons. I am now more into black-and-white photography than I was before, and when I download my day's images I always marvel at the superb tones I'm now getting.

Of course lenses come into the picture. My preferred lens is the (full frame) 28mm, so I initially bought the 18/2.0, then the legendary 18-55 zoom, both of which have served me well. On an impulse I then bought a 14/2.8 which I've yet to make much use of, but intend to do more 'tight situation' photography in the near future, also a 23/1.4 which I saw in a secondhand retail shop in Melbourne and immediately fell in love with. This lens (the 23) spends more time on my XT2 than the 18, and I enjoy its flexibility, being able to move quickly from fully autofocus to entirely manual when I want to.

I'm sure you will appreciate your XT2 to the utmost when you've played a bit with it and practiced shooting your preferred subjects. You will enjoy the less vivid color rendition it gives, but I suggest you devote a little time to playing around with the black-and-white features. You will be truly surprised at your results.

Enjoy...

Many thanks for replying and sharing your experiences with the x-t2, I have had it few hours now and it feels very familiar, (I am a long term Fuji user, even prior to the digital days), I wanted this camera for a few reasons, mainly to access the fuji Acros simulation. I have been 'cooking' fuji film recipes via custom settings on my X-pro 1 for a few years now. The dials etc on the camera feel more natural because I grew up with such cameras shooting film from the mid 1970s. From your comments I can see the X-T2 is a very enjoyable and capable camera.

Treat it like an M3 with a fast lens, and make sure you don't leave it pointing into bright sunlight for any length of time. The lenses generally keep aperture wide open until you shoot, and the sensor surround is plastic and will melt or scorch if you're careless.

I converted my X-T2 to full spectrum after this happened to mine and deposited detritus onto the sensor glass.

Congratulations!

The X-T2 is a great camera.

Here is a link to FUJIFIlM USA's X-T2 support page. The AF system is much more flexible compared to the X-Series cameras you owned. It took me a while to play with the menu parameters and understand how get the most out of my X-Pro 2's AF system. However, it was well worth the time.

While I'm using a X-Pro 2 and a X-100T now, I used the X-T1 extensively for commercial interiors photography. The articulating LCD screen enables you to use the X-T2 as you would use a Hasselblad or other waist-view camera. I found this to be very convenient for tripod work.

Enjoy.

Treat it like an M3 with a fast lens, and make sure you don't leave it pointing into bright sunlight for any length of time. The lenses generally keep aperture wide open until you shoot, and the sensor surround is plastic and will melt or scorch if you're careless.

I converted my X-T2 to full spectrum after this happened to mine and deposited detritus onto the sensor glass.

wise advice, a few year back i placed a nikkor, (scalloped edge), 50 1.4 on a window to address or attempt to address some fungus, long story short it channeled a beam of light onto the wifes expensive wallpaper and burnt a hole in it.

Congratulations!

The X-T2 is a great camera.

Here is a link to FUJIFIlM USA's X-T2 support page. The AF system is much more flexible compared to the X-Series cameras you owned. It took me a while to play with the menu parameters and understand how get the most out of my X-Pro 2's AF system. However, it was well worth the time.

While I'm using a X-Pro 2 and a X-100T now, I used the X-T1 extensively for commercial interiors photography. The articulating LCD screen enables you to use the X-T2 as you would use a Hasselblad or other waist-view camera. I found this to be very convenient for tripod work.

Enjoy.

many thanks for your kind reply, at present i am amazed with the very useful and cool joystick on the bak of the camera, so usefull where focus point is concerned, I would have killed for a camera with this facility back in the 70s

Back