Fuji X-T5

I always make it a point to know where things are made before I buy them. It's part of my purchasing process.

I'm pretty sure that the X-T5 is made in China. So is the computer that I'm using to post this. Just food for thought.

All the best,
Mike

I ordered an X-T5 as an upgrade to my X-T2. It should arrive in the next couple of weeks. I really would like the X100V as well, but my X100F is still a stellar camera, and the “V” seems to be much in demand, with none to be found. Any rumors about an X-Pro4 in the near future?

I always make it a point to know where things are made before I buy them. It's part of my purchasing process.

I'm pretty sure that the X-T5 is made in China. So is the computer that I'm using to post this. Just food for thought.

All the best,
Mike

My X-H2 says Made in China on the box. My XF16-55mm says made in Japan and my XF70-300mm is made in the Philippines, so Fuji have factories all over Asia.

My purchasing process is very caveman like I guess. Basically, do I want to try it? Yes? Ok, I bought it (within reason).

In today's globalized economy, everything is made everywhere.

...and even if it says "made in USA" or "made in Germany" on it, it doesn't count for much. If you manufacture all components in China and assemble everything apart from one crucial piece, ship the whole lot to the US, then fit that last piece in a warehouse in California, you can call it an American-made product.

This is far more common than any of the rabid "patriots" realise.

Anyone received an X-T5 yet? I just ordered one from B&H and it says it’s back ordered. I’m wondering how long the wait will be.

I wonder where the 'where it's made' interest is coming from? I suspect boomer roots. In today's globalized economy, everything is made everywhere. Cheers, OtL

I can tell you that Chinese made nikon products have a higher failure rate than Thai made ones. Trade secret :cool:

Personally I'm under 40 and I will pay more for Made in Japan.

Sure, and all the ''trade secrets'' you can't share with the general public.

I literally just shared it with you. I have access to our incoming and outgoing repair data for our business on the east coast. Not saying you should believe me, but to flatly deny based on nothing is pretty interesting. No company outsources production to a place with cheaper production because it results in a better product.

Back