Fujicolor F-II 400 on Zenit 11

cs0rpc

Local time
7:48 AM
Hi there,

I'm going away next weekend and am looking to shoot some Fujicolor F-II 400 that expired in 1980 on a Zenit 11.

I understand the rule is to shoot one ISO stop down for each decade of expiry (I don't know the storage history of the film, but I have no reason to believe it has been refrigerated).

Should I therefore shoot at ASA-25?

Any hints for where I should take it for development... anywhere who will get good results in London?

Thanks!

R.

I'm not aware of such a rule.
I'd bracket - eg ISO 200, 100 and 50 - shooting expired color film is always a bit of a gamble..

not sure who made up that rule. just shoot it at box speed. i shoot expired film all the time and most of the time there are no issues. if the film is messed up, overexposing it would not help.

not sure who made up that rule. just shoot it at box speed. i shoot expired film all the time and most of the time there are no issues. if the film is messed up, overexposing it would not help.

I've shot expired stuff of a similar age and got almost no result at box-speed... quite common recommendation elsewhere to over-expose.

Back