Gallery pics for the week ending Monday jan 30

robert blu

quiet photographer
Local time
9:30 AM
Premise:
"Gallery pics for the week ending..." was a regular thread on RFF in the past. I would like to ressurect it in the hope to give more life to our gallery. Unfortunately there have been not many submissions lately. I hope there will be a more active partecipation in future, by the way I am guilty too for not posting pictures in the gallery for a long time!

To remind what Gallery Pics was and hopefully will be in the future:

Gallery Picks is an opportunity for you to post a heads up to what you have seen during the past seven days at RFF that you like.
There's no membership requirement, no criteria (except past seven days), no voting, no limit to the number of photos mentioned, and everybody mentioned is a winner.

Anybody can start the thread on a Monday.

Because the new system does not allow to add more than three pictures in a post I try to make it in more than one post, I hope it will work

Nice colours, geometry and framing in this photo by Santino:

U82659.1674595362.0.jpg

How could we not appreciate this beautiful portrait? Well done MP GUY

U1.1674696706.2.jpg

nice moment in this photo by Jankapp.

U46394.1674979159.0.jpg

I like the many faces here in this image by RHL-OREGON

U45148.1674677013.1.jpeg

and again MP GUY with this special moment, probably something very interestin on the TV screen!

U1.1674694799.1.jpg

love the night here in this shot by MLEHRMAN, nice mood.

U3187.1675058692.0.jpg

THese are the photos which impressed me, how about you? Do not hesitate to post your selection! Do not forget, everyone is a winner!

Robert could you tell us:

1. Which menu item to pick from. Looks like it is Gallery Portal. All photos.

2. How to copy a picture link to put it in this thread.

@ Richard G: This is how I do:

You are correct, Gallery Portal - Gallery select all photos a+check if ordered by date.
Than I go with the mouse over the photo I want to select and click with the right key of the mouse: a drop down menu appears, and I click (left key) on the "copy image link" .

At this point I go back to the thread and in the answer window I go on the top bar and click thge small rectangular icon with a landscape in it (it s named insert image) which opens a small window: on the top I select the chain simbol (on the right) which opens a box for the URL address where I paste the address of the image by clicking with the right key of the mouse.

To make it simpler I open on the screen two tabs, two windows : on with the tread and ther other with the gallery.

Please be carefu not to select ther insert media box and be aware that it is not possible to paste more than three photo in a post.

I hope this helps, english is noy my mother language and it is difficuklt to exolplain the procedure, which once you know it is easier.

Thanks very much Robert. All clear.

Ironically this week I had eyes only for you.

Robert Blu: can't resist wrought iron, even without a shadow.

U3692.1674404232.3.jpg

Robert Blu: So ordinary but special.

U3692.1674404232.1.jpg

Than you Robert for re-animating this topic.
One of my highlights in the gallery this week was also jankapps nice shot.

med_U46394.1674979159.0.jpg

Great idea. Thanks for the comments.

How can we make this a direct tie into the gallery? gallery?

I'm open to suggestions.

Jorge a hotline to the current Gallery picks of the week thread would be ideal, but it would require manual work each week potentially as the thread might not start on the same day each week or at the same time. Maybe just a simple search link for Gallery picks of the week, and the user can then see if this week's has started. There has always been a tendency for some to put a recent photograph beyond the period of the previous week which does upset the focus of the thread a little.

Raises a point too: it should be picks, our pick of the crop, not so much pics which is just pictures.

I'm sometimes confused with the timeline, when the week starts and when ti finishes. Living in different parts of the world it makes a little bit more complicated!
I also wonder if given the not very high gallery participation is it good to stay with "pics of the week" or for a while change to "pics of the fortnight/month" until there are more authors to submit photos to the gallery.
What are your thoughts on this?

I think stick with Picks of the Week for the moment. Monthly it will suffer loss of momentum. The new format for posting leaves a lot of us older members stymied and it's a huge hurdle for something that is actually quite simple. We should include how to post pictures to the Gallery as part of the instructions on how to add to this thread. We could also add in to the Picks of the Week, some of those from the random gallery to round out the offering of those making posts to this thread. That will add quality as well as volume. Having the two sets of instructions integral to the opening post of each week's thread will hopefully increase posts to the Gallery as well.

Back