Give me liberty or give me death. ?

I got my third corona vaccination today in my right arm. I also got my season flu shoot in the left arm. I am still alive and kicking! But I feel like in the start of a cold (small fever, joint pain).

Here in Sweden you can get your third cornona vaccination 5 months after the second one, which I got the 9th of June, if you are older than 65 years. Most people get the corona shoots here, 81% of the population above 16 years of age are vaccinated with two shoots.

I have taken the seasonal flu vaccination since I got a terrible flu abot twenty years ago. It was not easy to work manually taking care of my animals with fever and pain in my joints. As a retired person I also think resources in intensive care will be given to younger persons if there is a lack of equipment and personell. So it is better to be safe than sorry and dead!

I am all for documenting the political craziness of our times. The images may seem upsetting to some now, depending on one's politics, but people are going to look back at 2020-21 in 30-40 years and be in amazement of what occurred at this time in American history just like how we look back at the 1960s and 1970s today.

I am all for documenting the political craziness of our times. The images may seem upsetting to some now, depending on one's politics, but people are going to look back at 2020-21 in 30-40 years and be in amazement of what occurred at this time in American history just like how we look back at the 1960s and 1970s today.

I agree, but the craziness has reached such a level that I often despair of there being anyone here in 30-40 years to look at those photos. Or, almost as bad, they'll look at the photos of today's craziness with nostalgia for the good old days, before things really got crazy. I try to be optimistic about our species, but it ain't easy...

time to scratch vinyl again,
i got a Sony bluetooth turntable that records vinyl and keeps the slight scratchy sounds on mp3

time to scratch vinyl again,
i got a Sony bluetooth turntable that records vinyl and keeps the slight scratchy sounds on mp3

Friends of mine have this shtick where he sings baritone and she accompnies with Shhhhhhhh ick shhhhhhhh ick shhhhhhhh ick of a scratched 78. Very convincing.

This year I went for Halloween stroll with our youngest daughter and neighbors kids and relatives. I forgot they are Sunni or Shia. Their grandma went trick or treating with us in sandals.
We live in multi-cultural part of Canada and it is common to see people in sandals year around.

I love this post! Nothing pretentious, nothing sarcastic, nothing falsely clever, nothing other than a moment when a nice guy walked around with his family and neighbors. Black and white, no smoke and mirrors, just it is what it is.

Ko.Fe, thank you for posting this,

Mike

I agree, but the craziness has reached such a level that I often despair of there being anyone here in 30-40 years to look at those photos. Or, almost as bad, they'll look at the photos of today's craziness with nostalgia for the good old days, before things really got crazy. I try to be optimistic about our species, but it ain't easy...

I was talking about this in the pub with a friend last night. I quoted one of my favourite George W Bushisms ("Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, I won't be fooled again") and mentioned how I never thought I'd miss the George W Bush era of American politics. These are crazy times.

hmm. Get Closer. :D

Regards the politics, etc — I reserve my opinion.
Regards the photograph — To me, it's too nicely centered and far away like a staged piece. I'd prefer that the subject filled the frame in this case.

G

I was talking about this in the pub with a friend last night. I quoted one of my favourite George W Bushisms ("Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, I won't be fooled again") and mentioned how I never thought I'd miss the George W Bush era of American politics. These are crazy times.

He is one of the war criminals who is responsible for outgoing refugees and illegal migrants crisis. Must be in jail via Hauge tribunal.

He is one of the war criminals who is responsible for outgoing refugees and illegal migrants crisis. Must be in jail via Hauge tribunal.

It would be nice to see justice done, but those perpetrators at the top level almost always seem to go free. Wealth and power make them untouchable; history is, sadly, rife with examples.

You'll get no argument from me on that one. I was far from his greatest fan. But compared to how far things have degraded on both sides of the Atlantic... man, those were simpler (and arguably more pleasant) times.

Back