Happy Birthday Calzone!

robert blu

quiet photographer
Local time
1:15 AM
Today our friend Hill-Billy Calvin, AKA Augie celebrates his birthday.

Join me in wishing him a good day with Maggie, and possibly a good glass of red wine in his new house.

The years are many but not too many! Time for many creative projects!

Tanti Auguri Cal !

With buying a house in the burbs and now that I only have a year more to work the "short-timer" attitude is making me into an even greater lazy-slacker.

With this change and my "bad" attitude it seems I have promoted and amp-ed up my lazy-slacker attitude.

Last year I took a life expectancy test at https://caluworld.com/health-calculaors/life-expectancy-calculator/

Last year at the age of 62 I got a life expectancy of 106 years and a biological age of only 39; but this year I have a life expectancy of 111.2 years and my biological age is only 35.

For me the Covid-15 was a weight loss rather than a weight gain as "Maggie" and I went to a more plant based diet that lacks any processed foods. I was always a skinny/lanky guy but now I regressed to when I was just a kid and am the same size and weight I was when 15 years old.

Separately at https://growyouthful.com/gettestinfophp my biological age is 40 instead of last year's 39.

I could be mistaken for 40. If I died my sideburns and white arrogant chin beard I could pass for 35.

My retirement was effected by Covid because at the hospital where I work they "froze" my pension plan, so it does not pay to add more years of service because I can't, and basically I am working just another year for medical insurance coverage, with the hope of a possible "package" that might lead to an even earlier retirement.

This is what I truely want for my birthday. LOL.

In my case age is a state of mind and I'm rather immature, and in a ways retirement is reverting back to high school when I wondered what I was going to do over the next 4-5 decades, except now I'm not scared like back then.

Cal

Oh. I so much wish I was biological 39 years old and living out in the desolate wild west in a nice little victorian with potential. I want that 300B single-ended, too.

Actually, its really nice to know some of "us" are achieving the dream. Here's wishing you many more 39th birthdays Cal!

Oh. I so much wish I was biological 39 years old and living out in the desolate wild west in a nice little victorian with potential. I want that 300B single-ended, too.

Actually, its really nice to know some of "us" are achieving the dream. Here's wishing you many more 39th birthdays Cal!

R,

A birthday surprise: Friday I get my first Covid vaccine injection. I thought I would be last on the list because I work in a socially remote location (Cyclotron Bunker) and pretty much am left alone.

This morning I was thinking of my listening room. My 1912 Baby Victorian has full 2x10 joists so sound proofing it should be mighty easy.

I don't know if you found out that I found a 1965 Fender "Blackface" Pro Reverb being thrown out by a Madhattan highrise near the corner of First Avenue and 90th Street.

My thinking is that "Junior" who went away to college will be mighty pissed off by his parents when he asks, "Where is my old amp?"

My "new" amp has the early AA165 circuit that everyone wants. The forensics indicate a shorted electrolydic cap took out the fuse, and otherwise the amp is OEM and not modded. The only things bad is that the speakers are missing, and the speaker baffle has been hacked.

$80.00 for a speaker baffle replacement from Mojotone.com solves that and I have a vintage pair of Jensen C12Q's that are period correct with good vintage cones.

I intend to use the driver circuit fron a 6G4-A Brown Super that uses a 12AX7 tube to drop down the clean headroom. This amp will be great for plug in and play with no effects.

So in my wanderings (walking to work) I found basically a collectible amp worth around $2.5K when I restore it to working condition. You can't make this stuff up.

"That does not suck," I say.

Calvin August

Here is a shot of Cal when he was still "38". It was at a meetup in the Czech Beer garden in Astoria. He walked across the bridge with an an over sized print book on a hand cart. Why do things big if you could do them bigger?
Happy Birthday Cal.
19bi03.jpg

Happy Birthday Cal! Very pleasing to hear about your new life in rural New York. I get glimpses of it from Maggie's Insta feed.

So Cal, sounds like your age is counting backwards...

Best of luck with the house. Will you still visit us in the city when things are back to 'normal'??

Joe

Back