Happy Holidays; merry Christmas; Thank you... and Goodbye

Greg Maslak

Well-known
Local time
6:09 PM
As some of you know, my health is poor. Sadly, things are getting worse. While I continue to seek treatment to slow down the inevitable, I’ll soon be looking for a miracle rather than a medicine. But I couldn’t just fade away without saying thank you and goodbye to everyone at Rangefinder. My time here has been extraordinary. I came as a “want a be” hobbyist looking to get back into making pictures that were a bit better than average. It took me a long time, to sum up the gumption to join RFF and share one of my pictures or post on a thread beside people I admired so much for their knowledge and talent.

The Gallery has always been my favourite place on the Forum. Being part of the Postcard Challenge was wonderful. I have every card. It has been the best of times, indeed. I just can’t do it anymore. Physically I can still take photos and I may try to share to odd “good one”, but mentally it’s too hard to fully engage in a place that has meant this much to me.

So, thank you to everyone; Merry Christmas; Happy Holidays and a heartfelt, goodbye.

Let me leave with a photo. It’s been almost two years since our great dog Maverick died, but if there is one thing a big newf can always do, it's make people… smile.
Raw Photo (1).jpeg

Hi Greg - I am praying for a miracle for you.

sending positive vibrations to you and to those that love you.

James

I am really sorry to hear about the difficulties you are facing Greg. I wholeheartedly hope that treatment will start working and feel better soon. We all enjoyed your photographs and hopefully we will see you again posting here in the future.

Sorry to hear this, will pray for you, wish treatments will work in a better way. Sending positive vibes.
robert

Greg, thank you for sharing your images with us over the past few years. They’re really good. I’ve enjoyed seeing BC and others locals through your eyes. We’re pulling for you and sending positive energy your way. Take care, friend.

Love Maverick, Love You...
Have always Enjoyed your posts and photos.

Very Sad to hear this news.
The Past is gone. The Future for any of us may or may not be
But we have Now and Now is Eternal.

Be filled with Love, Awe and Wonder.

xo ~HH

I wish you the best, Greg. It is very sad to hear about what you must be going through, and it reminds us of our challenges, if we face some. As Helen has said above, we have NOW, and I hope that NOW is eternal. We have to believe it it.

Take care.

Greg,

you bring your own viewpoint to RFF, your own way of seeing and thinking.

That is valuable to others.

Please continue contributing when you feel like it, RFF will be a better place with you.

Stephen

In Heaven

We ride chestnut mares toward the cellos
bowed by Blake-naked angels. Everything
has a strong outline, though highlights are leached
like a favorite shirt washed once too often.
Whatever we see or point to sings—
sometimes Monteverdi, sometimes Satchmo.
Apprehension transformed to song
is our advantage over life. Riders soften
their voices here. You see farther, hear more. What
is a horizon, and why does it matter?
The temperature of the sun explains
the warmth of our mounts. The replete
chorale emerging from all we have seen
once again for the last time fills the air.

Greg, I, too, will pray for the miracle. May you be buoyed by a strong spirit in the meantime.

Thanks for all you have contributed to our experience of this forum.

- Murray

Greg, so sorry to hear things are getting worse. We all have so little time... I'm very grateful you've chosen to share some of yours here, with your thoughts and photographs. A privilege... thank you.

Thinking of you, hoping there will be some changes for the better.

Take care mate, everyone here is in your corner, hoping for the best.

Greg, I had no idea you were in poor health, I'm very sorry to hear. Your photo projects with your son have been a great inspiration, so I hope you can still drop by here from time to time. Praying for a miracle, strength for today, and hope for tomorrow. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Greg, so sorry to hear. Wishing you peace and prayerful hopes for a miraculous intervention. Sending Light, Love, and Healing Strength your way.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Greg, Merry Christmas. I hope you check in from time-to-time. Finding strength in friends is a blessing in itself, and you have friends here.

Back