Happy Holidays; merry Christmas; Thank you... and Goodbye

Greg, I wish you all the best, and try to spend these days in the happiest way.with your family and friends.
Your message is touching, you are in my thoughts. Stay strong!

Greg, sorry to hear of your health, Will send prayers. Thanks for your encouragement to us on RFF. Hoping for a miracle and Peace.

Greg, I hope that whatever miracle you need happens so you can recover your health and capability. It's a terrible thing to feel, to be, incapacitated ... I went through it myself: it was really bad. May the time ahead bring health and solace to you.

Meanwhile: What a beautiful newfie! I grew up with a wonderful newfie too... they're quite characters, every one I've met. I'm sure you miss Maverick a lot. And you've made at least one great photo to always remember him by. :D

G

Greg,

I am saddened to read this news. I have enjoyed seeing your images and contributions here on the forum. I also made the drive in early 2000s to Nelson, BC for just a long weekend. It is a beautiful place with what I gathered is a rich arts community there. You have my thoughts and prayers.

David

Man, thank you for thinking of RFF during these tough times. I sincerely hope that miracle comes through for you. Take care in the meantime.

Greg,

Please do not give up hope. Several RFF members have found a few miracles from time to time, I hope you will be added to the list.

You have added to this space and I'm sure other places throughout your life, making it better for all of us. Thank you and safe travels.

B2 (;-<<<<

Thank you All so much for the love and hope you have sent my way. I truly believe I will live better because of your kindness. One day this cancer will take me down, but not today and not tomorrow! As Helen said so beautifully, I will live in an eternal now for as long as I am able. So it's time to look at our Christmas morning snapshots, make some popcorn and watch a movie with the kids. You know, the things that make life worth living.

I still love visiting the Forum, so please keep making and sharing great photos.

Peace and Love everyone.

Greg Maslak

Here's one of my neighbour's yard on a sunny morning last week using Acros II in a Mamiya 6, cropped to 6X4.5

img1054.jpg

Attachments

• img1054.jpg
    img1054.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 0
Greg, I wish you didn't have to go through this, but I hope you can find a peace in the days to come. Keep taking photos to share with us. I'll share one right now, taken a couple of years ago before my cancer battle began. Leica CL and Summicron-C 40/2 on Ilford FP4+

The Fire Is Out by P F McFarland, on Flickr

I'm pulling for you, Greg. We cancer folks have to do what we can.

PF

Greg, please do continue to drop by the forum when you feel like it. We're all rooting for you, and wishing you the health and happiness that you obviously deserve. Merry Christmas, and may futures days bring better news.

Greg, this is distressing news. I feel for you but don't stop shooting and posting here. A few years back, I went through a series of health issues that still limits my mobility. Other than a supportive family, the only thing that kept me going was getting out and taking pictures. Even when I wasn't able to travel and I could only shoot around the house and neighborhood, I found much inspiration in subjects I had never considered. The desire to create has kept me going for nearly six years now. Don't let that go.

Prayers, good thoughts for you.

Sad news indeed, but please take consolation in that you are still here, photographing, and posting. We all hope you will go on doing so, for a long time to come.

As others have said, keep photographing - and posting. You have taken many superb images in your time, and I am sure there are many more for you to capture. This will keep you going.

Many here are now facing a similar situation, to quote an old Aussie (probably English in its origin) expression, "starting to fall off our perches".

2021 has not been a good year for some. Covid has claimed a few of my good friends. My dear mother passed away in April at age 101, a sad situation for the family but she had been severely unwell for a long time, so it was expected. Two of our beloved family cats also went, from old age, after long and happy lives. Earlier this year I developed a heart condition and had surgery for it last month - I'm now about 75% recovered and fast gaining my old energy, there is a way to go yet and my cardiologist has warned that at my age (70s) the condition may recur. Ditto a cataract in my right eye which is worse and has be dealt with next February. My human condition...

My partner strongly urges me to limit some activities, notably too much reading and posting on the internet. Which I will do.

Photography goes on as before, almost, for now. And keeps me going.

So goes life. Time passes, everything changes.

May I say again, we all look forward to having you with us for a long while.

With great sadness I have learnt that Greg passed away on 31 August. His family was with him during his last month. His wife Lisa and children Eve, Claire and Jake miss him very much.

I know you will all join me in wishing them your warmest thoughts and condolences.

Lynn

Goodbye Greg, and thanks for the PNW images. And thanks Lynn for having kept up with the situation. I enjoyed a brief correspondence with Greg before he decided to withdraw from external concerns like RFF, and his passing should remind us all to do the best we can with the work and friends we have, for our own good night is coming.

Back