Hasselblad XPan & Fuji TX-1 lens adapters

James Evidon

Local time
1:28 AM
Is there a lens adapter that will fit the Hasselblad XPan & Fuji TX-1 bodies that will also accept third party lenses.

I saw a thread that showed a Hasselblad XPan with a Nikkor 35mm lens, so apparently it does or did exist.

I am considering purchase of an Xpan, but I want the ability to use my
Leica M mount lenses with it.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

( Duplicate thread. Sorry)

Hasselblad XPan & Fuji TX-1 lens adapters

Is there a lens adapter that will fit the Hasselblad XPan & Fuji TX-1 bodies that will also accept third party lenses.

I saw a thread that showed a Hasselblad XPan with a Nikkor 35mm lens, so apparently it does or did exist.

I am considering purchase of an Xpan, but I want the ability to use my
Leica M mount lenses with it.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

not aware of M to Xpan lens adapter but yes, Nikon AI/S lenses can be mounted on the Xpan with an adapter. the PC 28mm and 35mm have enough coverage for the xpan.

You can get adaptors for a few different camera lens systems, but none of them keep RF sync. so focusing will always via zone.

not aware of M to Xpan lens adapter but yes, Nikon AI/S lenses can be mounted on the Xpan with an adapter. the PC 28mm and 35mm have enough coverage for the xpan.

Do you know what brand the adapter is? I have search high and low on the internet without a result.

You can get adaptors for a few different camera lens systems, but none of them keep RF sync. so focusing will always via zone.

What brand of adapters will mate to an X Pan body? It doesn't have to take M mount lenses. As far an RF synch, I really don't need it. I have an excellent hand held/hot shoe clip-on RF if I use a third party lens like a Nikkor,etc.

Hi James,
My Nikon to X Pan adapter is just called RJ Nikon- X Pan.
It was bought some years ago from China and was not expensive.
It is fine with the Nikkor 35mm PC lens but vignettes badly
with the 28mm Nikkor.
Certainly cheaper than the X Paan 30mm lens.
Cheers
philip

I am sure you can find the adapters on eBay from China.

I have such adapters for Contarex and C/Y Contax. I have tried many lenses including Nikon and found wide open with the least fall off the Contarex 35mm Curtagon has the best performance slightly better than the Zeiss Contax 35PC. You know no matter which lens you use it won’t expose the entire Xpan frame due to physical constraints? You lose a few mm on both sides. The M lenses 50mm and longer likely will cover due to larger image circle but not sure about flange distance.

Yesterday I tried the Curtagon on my friend’s used Hasselblad 1D and it covers with some room for shift and performed well at max aperture.

Back