Help with 35mm lens for Fuji XE-3

gzisis69

Established
Local time
3:21 AM
Hi, i just ordered my camera from grey market cause at 335 euros i couldnt resist. I cant decide wich of the 35mm( 50mm equavalent) to get. Money is not the issue and i like the rendering of the 35 1.4 a lot, but does this lens sit on the camera well ? is it good balanced or does the camera lean forward all the time? the other two i have never used them but from what i can understand the xc is lighter and cheaper without a diaphragm kontroller though.which of the 3 would you get and why ?
thanx a lot :)

Another lens to consider for 50mm equivalent. I have the Zeiss 32mm f/1.8 lens on my X-E3 and it balances just fine.

I don't have an XE3 but I have XPro1 and XPro2. I also have the 35/1.4, 35/2 WR and the Zeiss 32/1.8 lenses. The Zeiss is a good lens but it doesn't really improve on either of the Fujis and I really should sell it. I like the rendering of the 35/1.4, especially with the XPro1's 16mp sensor. But I use the 35/2 the most because it's sharp and small with better AF, weather resistant and it just feels better to me on the XPro2 bodies. I've never used or even seen the newer, low priced Fuji 35 so I cannot give any useful opinion about it.

I have the XF f1.4 and XF f2. For me, the F2 looks better on the X-E3 but both balance well enough. Basically you buy the F2 if you need the fastest AF and weather sealing. Buy the 1.4 if you are a bokeh freak or need f1.4. They are both great options. The new XC is basically the same as the XF version but in a cheaper package. I’ll eventually buy that too for an ultra cheap travel setup. There’s also the Viltrox 33mm 1.4 AF too. Add in the aforementioned Zeiss and you really can’t go wrong with any of these 5 options.

Back