Help with FA01027 Developing Times

sooner

Well-known
Local time
6:29 PM
Hi All, I'm usually lucky finding appropriate developing times with FA-1027 on the Massive Development Chart but darned if I didn't come up zero for CatLabs x-pro 320 and Rollei Superpan 200 in 35mm. I developed the CatLabs for 7.5 minutes (diluted 1:9) and the negatives were thin--only about half the roll came out. Does anyone have times for these films with FA-1027? Thank you, and happy New Year!

Seriously, no one here uses this combination? Okay then, can someone give me the nearest equivalent developer to FA-1027 that might have similar processing times?

I used this stuff once a few years back. Forgot the film, but got thin negs like you. I went back to Xtol, and this languished on the back shelf until it went bad. I tossed it. I don't see myself using it again.

Jim B.

I don't know this for certain, but had read somewhere that FA-1027 was similar (if not the same) as Clayton's F76 Plus. Perhaps someone more knowledgable could confirm for deny this.

Thanks for the comments. I have never used Xtol but FA-1027 is an awesome developer--this is the first time I've used film that wasn't listed in the development charts. Also, I've heard the same about it being the same as the F76+ but that developer is also not listed on the charts, so am still at a loss.

Back