Hexar rf diopter correction

doubledan

Local time
10:03 PM
Anyone know if Voigtlander or other brand diopter correction lenses can be glued on or otherwise adapted for use on the Hexar rf? I recently bought a nice Hexar, a camera I had owned a long time ago, and the view through the finder is fuzzy to my eyes. I happened to have a rare Hexar +1.0 diopter that worked perfectly in the old days, but now it makes things worse. The reason is I had eye surgery that involved replacing both lenses, and now I have terrific vision without glasses but no way to use the new Hexar. I would like to try various strengths, perhaps starting with -0.1, but it would have to be something that's readily available and cheap enough for experimentation..

I'm aware only of the Konica diopters having the correct fitting (I have a -3), though I will experiment with my Leica diopters tmorrow, if I can remove the Konica iopter without risking damage.

It"s too bad there wasn't more standardization in diopter fittings. I'm grateful that my Fuji MF bodies and the X-Pro take Nikon diopters.

Back