How charjohncarter does it...

Thanks John for sharing. I have had many conversations with you in the past about developers and technique. We sing from the same hymn sheet. It is good to see your glowing black and whites. Well done mate. !!

Thanks John,. You sharpening technique probably added to the shadows, but I love that look as well. The negatives weren't as contrast but the dynamic range is incredible. You can pretty much do anything you want once you pull them into the scanner.

bump the thread

thank you John, I just develope Tri-X in HC-110 + Rodinal following your receipt. From my observation, this combo gives more shadow details but less sharp than the HC110(H) alone. Is it true?

1308_AUS_02_TX_SYD by kiemchacsu, on Flickr

I don't know, mostly I used Rodinal to snap the highlights/midtones some. But sharpness I don't know. TMY-2 is so sharp I couldn't give you an answer. Now TMX (tmax100) has a much softer look to me even though it is fine grained it doesn't to me have high acutance. I used the Rodinal to increase sharpness through acutance increase.

This is all subjective as I have never tested. I, personally like the shadows, midtones, and highlights with this method.

Back