How Many Digital Cameras Have You Owned?

How Many Digital Cameras Have You Owned?

• Total voters
Leica Digilux 1
Leica Digilux 2
Leica/Panasonic D-Lux 3*
Leica/Panasonic D-Lux 4*
Leica/Panasonic D-Lux 6*
Fuji X10
Fuji X20*
Fuji X100*
Leica M8.2
Leica M9*
Leica M9M*
Nikon D200
Nikon D300*
Nikon D700*

*I still have the ones marked with an asterisk.

Counting 3 compacts the number is 21.

Ok a list:
Canon point and shoot model???
Fuji F30 still have
Canon G10 still have
Digital Rebel 1st gen
Digital Rebel forgot the model
Canon 20D
Canon 1D
Canon 1Ds
Canon 1DsII
Nikon D1
Nikon D1x - 2 bodies
Nikon Df still have
Nikon D800 still have
Nikon D3100 had converted to IR and still have
Nikon D3100
Hasselblad CFV39
Fuji X-E1 still have
Fuji X-T3 still have
Leica M9
Nikon D100

These aren’t in order of when I owned them.

Last edited:
Fourteen that I can remember ... the first of which was some horrible little Kodak compact and my latest aquisition a used Sony A7ii from eBay.

My favourites would be my DP3M and DP2M, A D700 (which unfortunately lunched its shutter at 15,000 actuations and was going to be so expensive to repair I ditched it) and an Epson RD1. The camera I respect the most is my D4 ... aside from the bulk I've never used a camara so damned proficient at everything!

The camera that disappointed me the most was my M8 ... what a three card trick that was by Leica . Made a noise like a staple gun, had a serious IR problem that needed filters to correct and produced images that looked like soup at high ISO.

Fuji FinePix S3Pro
Sony Steady-Shot DSC-W710
Canon ELPH 100HS
Nikon Coolpix S4300
Nikon D3x
Sony a6000

All were bought secondhand and work properly...

Updated list from Mar 2017.

Olympus E20P (sold)
Olympus E1 (x2 - one sold still have original from 2004)
Nikon D70 (sold)
Epson R-D1 (x3 - both sold)
Leica Dlux 2 (for my wife - still have)
Leica M240 (x2 both sold)
Leica MP240 (sold)
Leica ME (sold)
Leica M9 (sold)
Leica M262 (sold)
Leica Q (returned)
Fuji X100F (returned)
Leica M8 (x 6 - 5 sold, 1 still have)
Olympus E400 (x2 - 1st given to my wife second to my son)
Olympus E3 (x 3 - both sold)
Canon 5d (x2 - both sold)
Pentax K5 (sold)
Pentax KP (returned)
Canon 5D11 (sold)
Fuji X100 (still have)
Fuji X Pro1 (X4 (at least) - still have 1))
Fuji X Pro2 (X2 (at least) sold)
Leica M8.2 (sold)
Fuji XE1 (sold)
Nikon D300 (x2 - both sold)
Olympus OMD EM5 (sold)
Olympus E5 (x 4 - both sold)
Nikon Df x 6 i returned, 5 sold)
Pentax K5 II (sold)
Pentax K3 (sold)
Canon 6D (x3 all sold)
Nikon D600 (x2 sold)
Nikon D610 (x2 sold)
Nikon D7200 (returned)
Canon 60D (x2 still have 1)
Olympus E30 (x2 both sold)
Olympus E520 (sold)
Canaon 70D (given away)
Canon 450D (given away)
Olympus OMD EM1
Olympus EM10 MKII

I think that's it - scary.

I have owned several digital cameras. I started out with a Fuji Finepix something or other and then a Canon pocket something or other… so far nothing significant.

I had given up on film but I was not ready to embrace digital. For me digital seemed dishonest. I also didn’t like digital watches; they were suspect and dishonest too! Cheap plastic crap.

Disclaimer: I’m 67 years old and the transition from film to digital (or analog to digital - whatever) was actually a long time ago but is still fresh in my mind. While I’m currently fully dedicated to digital and no longer consider film a viable option, I still approach photography with a film shooter's way of thinking.

What was the question?

LOL… nothing really matters

All the best,
Mike

Dear Board,

I kind of like to collect cameras. These are still in my possession. Cameras marked with N were bought new. Most of them have been purchased used and many have been well used. My IDX has over 700K shots on the counter and the Nikon D700 has about 250K, but they both still work fine.

Canon S-90
Canon G-11
Canon EOS7D
Canon EOS 1DIII
Canon EOS 1DIV
Canon EOS 1DX
Fuji Finepix S-1
Fuji Finepix HS50
Fuji Finepix XS-1
Fuji X-20
Nikon D300
Nikon D700
Nikon D7200
Olympus E-PL9
Olympus OM-D-EMI
Olympus OM-D-EMII - N
Olympus C-2040
Olympus C-3040
Olympus C-5050
Olympus TG-6 - N
Olympus SP100EE
Panasonic FZ300 - N
Panasonic LX-5

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA :)

Dear Board,

I kind of like to collect cameras. These are still in my possession. Cameras marked with N were bought new. Most of them have been purchased used and many have been well used. My IDX has over 700K shots on the counter and the Nikon D700 has about 250K, but they both still work fine.

Canon S-90
Canon G-11
Canon EOS7D
Canon EOS 1DIII
Canon EOS 1DIV
Canon EOS 1DX
Fuji Finepix S-1
Fuji Finepix HS50
Fuji Finepix XS-1
Fuji X-20
Nikon D300
Nikon D700
Nikon D7200
Olympus E-PL9
Olympus OM-D-EMI
Olympus OM-D-EMII - N
Olympus C-2040
Olympus C-3040
Olympus C-5050
Olympus TG-6 - N
Olympus SP100EE
Panasonic FZ300 - N
Panasonic LX-5

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA :)

I was pretty miffed when my D700 shutter failed after 15 thousand actuations. It was a great camera but the repair estimate was $900 and I wasn't prepared to go there. Just bad luck I guess!

Uh...faulty memory here. Let me think.

Canon 30D, first digital ever. Hated it a first but learned to love it after a year or so.
Canon G10 (I think). Loved it. Gave it to my stepson after he lost his moving across country.
Olympus EP1.
Olympus EP2 (x2).
Panasonic G1. Nice camera but I hated the EVF.
Canon 50D.
(Here's where it gets fuzzy for the first time. I fell in love with the Olympus standard 4/3 system and bought a ton of bodies and lenses.)
Canon 7D.
Canon Rebel (something) that I barely ever used.
Several Panasonic pocket cameras.
Fuji X-Pro1 (x3) and fell in love with the system...retired the Canon and Olympus stuff.
Several Fuji models none of which I liked much so I sold them.
Fuji X100S (x2). Wonder camera. Love them.
Fuji X-Pro2 (x3). Heaven. Replaced my Leica M6 and any desire for a digital Leica M (mostly).
Nikon binge. Several models, DX and FX. Sold the DX models, kept the FX ones. Of those I kept:
D700 (x4). My favorite. Fits me perfectly. My rock.
D3 (x3). My second favorite but a little heavy so it's No. 2 favorite.
D610. (Smaller, lighter. Nice for a change of pace.)
D800.
D810.
Ricoh GRII.

Except for the first few on the list, two X-Pro1 and the Ricoh GRIII, they were all purchased used.

I like older digital cameras. The ones made before they became video cameras.

I started with a Kodak p&s thing in 2003 or so. My then gf purchased for me.
Over the next years I have enjoyed dabbling with digital cameras although hated the post processing side. I myself prefer prime rather than zoom lenses. The list is not in chronological order…

Leica: X2, M8, M9P, M240, M10, Q, Q2 reporter
Canon: EOS M, R5 (just 2 wks)
Zeiss: ZX1 (just 1 week)
Sony: Rx1, A9
Nikon: DF
Olympus: EM1
Fuji: x100F

Still own the Q2 reporter, M10 and an MP as I try to simplify my gadgets and hobbies.

I last posted a response to this poll in 2018, I think. Since then, I have acquired the Leica M10-R and M10-M bodies, bought and restored three Kodak Retina IIc (and a fourth currently going in for service), and was given yet another Polaroid One Step. Oh yes: my Minox buddy passed away and gave me all his Minox 8x11 cameras too, 9 or 10 of them.

So I'm up to 35 or so digital cameras and at least 95 film cameras, for what it's worth. But, eh? The number of cameras is unimportant. I make a lot of photographs and am satisfied with a reasonable number of them: that's much more important to me. :)

G

I got a Nikon 8400 in 2005 and I still have it although I don't use it any more. It has a nice 24mm lens and a phenomenal light meter system. In 2010 I bought a used EOS 10D just to photograph the kids and the cakes my wife used to make. The EOS 10D still gets used from time to time.

Back