How many Leica M8's do you currently own?

How many Leica M8's do you currently own?

• Total voters

ZebGoesZeiss

Established
Local time
7:12 PM
This is one of the questions that I've wondered about. Just how many M8's are owned by the RFF crowd? There are supposedly 20,000+ of these out there, but how many of these cameras do RFF "represent"?

Last edited:
Only if the poll is set up that way, Moderator :)

We are missing -1 (meaning I would sell it immediately if I had one).

kevin m said:
I've always been skeptical of polling data...

Three people here own FOUR M8's? :eek: :confused:

as my photo teacher sometimes calls me.....rich bit** but thats just because im such a quality kind of guy har har....:cool:

but really...who the heck?

If they really do......

do you need to adopt a son? maybe take on an uncle? need a chauffer?

Zero, as in 0.0000. I'm scared off by the price, the IR issue, and trouble reports, as in "My M8 just died." I bought a D200 instead; but my favorite digitals are the Digilux 2 and the D-Lux3.

Edit: Why would you need four M8s? Let's see: One in the shop, one to shoot with, and one as a spare; but what is the fourth one for?

Last edited:
No choice for a baker's dozen? Seriously though, I know of two photogs who I believe have two apiece -- both are working pros.

I haven't voted. Makes me queasy.

Ben Marks

kevin m said:
I've always been skeptical of polling data...

Three people here own FOUR M8's? :eek: :confused:

There are four now and I can vouch for all of them, it has to be true anyway it’s the internet

:)

To one of the mods, please remove me from the poll stating "one" I have no M8's place me in zero. Operator error and not reading correctly. :bang:

Rob-F said:
Zero, as in 0.0000. I'm scared off by the price, the IR issue, and trouble reports, as in "My M8 just died." I bought a D200 instead; but my favorite digitals are the Digilux 2 and the D-Lux3.

Edit: Why would you need four M8s? Let's see: One in the shop, one to shoot with, and one as a spare; but what is the fourth one for?
....to put in the same climate controlled vault where the sealed and packaged M3ds, M3ss, M2, M1, M4, M4-2, M4p, M5-2lug, M5-3lug, M6, M6ttl, M6 gold, M6j, all other M6s and M7 have been waiting...?
:)

Back